Starting Ground Station While Flying?

Reaction score
I tried Ground Station today for the first time and it worked perfectly. The only problem I potentially see is when starting a mission while being surrounded by trees, such as might happen while filming a golf course. Today, I thought I had the first waypoint right at my home point, but there was enough slop in the map that the P2V+ didn't go quite straight up as I had hoped. It didn't matter today, since I was in the middle of a large open field, but I'm afraid in tight quarters, I could clip a tree on the way up to the 1st waypoint.

To avoid this, could you fly up to about 150' to get above the trees and THEN start the mission? Has anybody tried this?

Ron

Yep you can do just that, fly it up in the air and then start your waypoint mission. No problem.

rmwilson said:
To avoid this, could you fly up to about 150' to get above the trees and THEN start the mission? Has anybody tried this?

Ron

You might want to make this normal practice, as you mentioned there's ALOT of slop in the G/S maps. I have 30+ flights on GS and it has a fairly large +/- variance to the map. Say if you wanted to map a street or in your case a fairway, you might want to do a couple of trial passes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers