Started flying my P3 std for the first time in a few years and the range is terrible.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if my P3 std has lost range due to the 1.9.20 firmware that it has in it. I never tried to upgrade the firmware, I've always read to leave it alone and I've always had great altitude and distance. Yesterday, first time flying in 2 years, the distance is terrible - barely 1,000 feet. Several years ago I installed the ARGTEK range extender antennas and after doing that, it was much better than the stock antenna.
I confirmed today my firmware is 1.9.20. Does firmware install automatically now?
Most importantly, is there a way for me to install a previous firmware version? If yes, could you please help me with the process?
Thanks so much! By the way, it feels good to fly again. We moved to a great place way out in the country in Ohio and flying is wide open.

1000 feet is good I wish I got that, sometimes only 300 feet around trees @200’

I'm wondering if my P3 std has lost range due to the 1.9.20 firmware that it has in it. I never tried to upgrade the firmware, I've always read to leave it alone and I've always had great altitude and distance. Yesterday, first time flying in 2 years, the distance is terrible - barely 1,000 feet. Several years ago I installed the ARGTEK range extender antennas and after doing that, it was much better than the stock antenna.
I confirmed today my firmware is 1.9.20. Does firmware install automatically now?
Most importantly, is there a way for me to install a previous firmware version? If yes, could you please help me with the process?
Thanks so much! By the way, it feels good to fly again. We moved to a great place way out in the country in Ohio and flying is wide open.
Have you considered Litchi app for waypoint missions within visual flying range?

In what area are you using your P3S in CE or FCC area?
My bird is flying far about 300-400 meters in distance in aan altitude between 60-70 meters with stock antenna.
Did you try Papa Tita´s Magic Power yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues