Start up help

Reaction score
I have a Phantom Vision 2 that I just picked up the rotors will not spin period after calibrate my compass multiple times it still will not unlock. Slow blinking green light. I live in Buffalo New York if anyone is in the area to help that would be great.

I have a Phantom Vision 2 that I just picked up the rotors will not spin period after calibrate my compass multiple times it still will not unlock. Slow blinking green light. I live in Buffalo New York if anyone is in the area to help that would be great.
Did they spin before Calibration?
Also, if you are very close to an Airport, or any Restricted Airspace, the Drone will not startup, unless you Override the lockout.
Page 43 of the DJI-GO App (for my P3 Adv) covers it...

Last edited:
The Phantom is brand-new out of the box. The blades have never turned The controller is connected to the Drone. No error messages are coming up on my phone.
I thought that airspace might be a problem so I went 15 miles away from any airports and tried it there and still nothing. Slow blinking green light is all I get

The Phantom is brand-new out of the box. The blades have never turned The controller is connected to the Drone. No error messages are coming up on my phone.
I thought that airspace might be a problem so I went 15 miles away from any airports and tried it there and still nothing. Slow blinking green light is all I get
Did you Update the Firmware when you received the Phantom? If not, install the Latest Firmware on the Controller and the Update the Drone firmware as well. After installing those updates, Calibrate the Controller Sticks. This calibration is done on the RC Assistant. Finally, Calibrate the Controller using Phantom Vision 2 Assistant.

Since the Controller must have been linked to the Drone which was necessary for you to do the Compass Calibration, the Binding issue would not be suspect in my book. However, as a last resort you could give it a try and go through re-Binding procedure.

The Phantom 2 Vision was first released in 2014 and this blade startup issue is all over the internet for those earlier models of the Phantom....
In the current 2016 Phantom-3's, this would not be an issue in a brand new unit unless it was defective right out of the box..
My Model 3 Advanced has worked flawlessly ever since received it.

At the end of the trail, and since it is brand new and doesn't work, the obvious final step would be to contact DJI Support. at +1 (818) 235 0789, or on their online site.

That's about all I can offer..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20