standing next to aircraft get "exceeded max distance"

mjw

Reaction score
Using IOS version of APP - last night I kept getting "exceeded max distance" message. Flying in beginner mode and I was either standing next to aircraft or it was much closer than 90 M - once this message displayed I was unable to fly forward until I landed and restarted aircraft. Kept getting message to 'recalibrate MC setting". I have no idea where MC setting are in APP (never found MC settings) any help out there I am on current Phantom software and new APP (prior to new app all went well)

Thanks - I did the compass multiple times - I'll try the IMU recalibration - but I am not seeing any error messages concerning IMU just the MC stuff (I don't know what MC means) is that one in the same - still learning all this stuff and with no manuals for APP - the discovery process is tedious and could end of expensive

Thanks - I did the compass multiple times - I'll try the IMU recalibration - but I am not seeing any error messages concerning IMU just the MC stuff (I don't know what MC means) is that one in the same - still learning all this stuff and with no manuals for APP - the discovery process is tedious and could end of expensive
yep.

And make sure you have a good GPS lock. Generally that error means it thinks it's farther than it is from the homepoint because it doesn't really know where it is (due to lack of good GPS data).

And make sure you have a good GPS lock. Generally that error means it thinks it's farther than it is from the homepoint because it doesn't really know where it is (due to lack of good GPS data).
The GPS showed over 10 satellites - got this message at the home point - this started with the new DJI GO app - been flying around since 7/27 - no issues this is the only mystery I have encountered - I have flown to the max 90 meters multiple times prior to yesterday - still getting feet wet (hopefully not the aircraft) so I have a lot of learning to do - thanks I appreciate your feedback

You reply got me to thinking - and this may a be DUH moment for me - the 90 meter limit imposed in the beginner mode - is it from the home point or distance from the controller - if its from the home point - the "exceeds distance" message make sense because i was walking along with the aircraft - hovering over our lawn and then down the road and I definitely exceeded 90 meters from home point

You reply got me to thinking - and this may a be DUH moment for me - the 90 meter limit imposed in the beginner mode - is it from the home point or distance from the controller - if its from the home point - the "exceeds distance" message make sense because i was walking along with the aircraft - hovering over our lawn and then down the road and I definitely exceeded 90 meters from home point
Its distance from where you set the last HP, so yeah it would be where you took off from..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4