Standard to a Professional..Some questions

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am upgrading my Standard to a P3P and I have a few questions.

1) How does the FAA registration work for the new bird? Do I unregister the old one and then create a new one? Or can I just transfer it? Or should I even bother? lol (preferred method is not bother)

2) I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab for the DJI Go app. Do I need to delete the app and all my P3S data or can the app be used as is on the new P3P?

Anything else I need to know before I switch over?

Thanks in advance and I'm sure I will have some more questions for you P3P people!

How does the FAA registration work for the new bird?
You should apply the same registration number to all of your drones if you're just flying as a hobbyist. The FAA does not collect aircraft information when hobbyists register, so there is nothing to unregister, transfer, etc.

Do I need to delete the app and all my P3S data or can the app be used as is on the new P3P?
You can use the app as-is. All you'll need to do is register your new Phantom in DJI GO.

LOL. I had the EXACT same questions a month ago.

What I learned was that any settings that you change in DJIgo, don't actually change in the app itself. They change in the actual bird. So really, you could have 10 different Phantom 3s, all with different settings and still use the same tablet/smart phone/app for them all.

The only thing that will probably happen is that when you put a battery out of your old standard in the Pro.... it'll say firmware update needed.... then just let it do it's thing.

Perfect! Great replies, I appreciate the help!

@Jesse_M I have flown one P3Adv and two P3Pro's with the same DJI Go app on my tablet in my DJI account. All 3 birds are existing in the mileage total. I guess this will happen to you too, when switching from P3S to P3P, and it's fair so because all flights are yours, they are a prove of your UAV flying experience.

Late edit: don't forget to sync all your P3S flights into your DJI account, before the switch to P3P.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jesse_M
I was able to set up everything last night. I will test it out this weekend.

I kept getting a alert about updating the battery though. According to the video I had seen as long as the little green light on the gimbal assembly was green I was ok. Which it was green each time. I installed another battery and then put back in the new one and I think the alert is gone now. The hardwired tablet to RC is amazing!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj