Standard front leg lights?

Reaction score
I have searched and found nothing unless i just really dont know how to search :( but i am getting ready to do the pro antenna mod and while i have the bird apart im going to dye the shell along with adding some 12v led's to the front lights so they are controlled but i dont know what the volts and amps are, kinda scared to turn her on while apart and check.

please give me some insight as to if that is a good idea or not.

Reactions: dazzer
should be fine to turn it on so long as everything is connected up and nothing can short out anywhere. I would think much of the electronics are logic voltage 1-5 volts

Reactions: PyschoBill
Individual high intensity LEDs are about 3v but they can be connected in series and resistor used in the assembly that the input voltage would be higher.

Reactions: epicdoom
Individual high intensity LEDs are about 3v but they can be connected in series and resistor used in the assembly that the input voltage would be higher.
ima have to look into that then cuz these are 12v bulbs and now that im thinking bout it if i upped the current that would drain the battery faster huh?

ima have to look into that then cuz these are 12v bulbs and now that im thinking bout it if i upped the current that would drain the battery faster huh?
very possible yes are you installing just stand alone LEDs or is it a kit ? there are quite a number of Kits including random sequence of flashing and colors. I'm contemplating Installing a high intensity spot light on my drone that will switch off the front lights as I can turn those on and off from My RC Ill leave the bird intact and use a photo sensor to switch on the spot light it will hold its own Battery for power. I build Powerful Flashlights as a hobby that can cast a tight beam of light for good distances, several hundred yards using spherical lenses.

Reactions: PyschoBill
stand alone LED's, i have some sensors from an old vcr unit ima try using and if that dont work then i have some yard lights (day/night sensors) that are begging for some use :)

thats an idea, i have some battery packs i could use instead of draining the main battery... hmmmmmm

if you work out all the details by looking at the specs on the lights you can determine the battery size needed for the duration of a normal flight battery's flight time that way you can use the smallest possible battery to save weight. I wouldn't use the flight battery if I didn't have to Personally

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie