Standard Battery Mod Question

Reaction score
I have a Dji Phantom 3 Standard and wonder for some longer flight time I was looking at this kit from fpvcustoms.com DJI PHANTOM 3 SMART BATTERY MOD AND KIT-$ 269.US
A BRAND NEW DJI SMART BATTEY MODDED TO ACCEPT ADDITIONAL EXTERNAL BATTERYS FOR ADDITIONAL 6-8 MINUTES OF CONTINUOUS FLIGHT TIME WITH A PAIR OF NANO-TECH 1800MA HIGH DISCHARGE BATTERY'S AND A BATTERY BRACKET...INSTALL IN MINUTES WITH A T-8 TORK DRIVER. Does not include a 4S Battery Charger.Has anyone used this kit before.Also is there any better ones out there...

Attachments

• M0I3MTY4NDVFRUNDNURBNkY4Qjc6NzU5MmVhYmM3NTE0YmFkNjJjYjUwOTQxZmRiMTg0NjA6Ojo6OjA=.jpg
    M0I3MTY4NDVFRUNDNURBNkY4Qjc6NzU5MmVhYmM3NTE0YmFkNjJjYjUwOTQxZmRiMTg0NjA6Ojo6OjA=.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 676
  • M0I3MTY4NDVFRUNDNURBNkY4Qjc6YTE2N2VmZWMzMGRjMDliZGU5YzY2MjNmMTJkMzAyNTU6Ojo6OjA=.jpg
    M0I3MTY4NDVFRUNDNURBNkY4Qjc6YTE2N2VmZWMzMGRjMDliZGU5YzY2MjNmMTJkMzAyNTU6Ojo6OjA=.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 365
That appears to be a good bit of weight you are looking at there. And at that price for 6-8 min, if you even get that with the added weight. Not worth it, IMO.

For a Standard you will run out of range long before the battery, so no use for distance, but flying local well maybe, but cheaper to land change battery and resume.
Just my 2 cents worth.

I agree, too much $ for just 6-8 more minutes! For about the same amount, you could buy 2 more batteries, and have another 46-50 minutes flight time! :)

Reactions: Numone
Would not recommend those kind of mods, phantom have perfectly tuned power to weight ratio, with this weight you are way over designd flying weight. So you put additional strain on the motors and ESC which means more heat and increased risk of failure and also shortened life of the components, also it reduces flight performance. For price of that kit you can buy 2 original batteries + one you already own you can flay full hour and be safe. And for distance fly original batt is more then enough for standard.

I guess I will get 2 extra batteries then so I can have 4 total..Thanks for the reply's..I was also thinking of adding Sunhans Amplifiers for the RC for better range and video feed..Is the Amps a good thing to do...

People achieve good results with amps, and you also should upgrade antenna for this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan