Stand-alone GCU for H3-3D appears

Yes, but $160 is a ridiculous price especially considering the H3-3D 'Flamewheel/Naza version' will come with the GCU included in the price anyway.

Now - If DJI would only come to their senses and do away with that stupid bit of flimsy ribbon cable on the v1.1 AV connector (which incidentally has already started to fail on some v1.1's - no surprise there then)

You really, really would have thought they would have learned their lesson after 30% failure rate on their H3-2D's !!!!!

Well, considering they just added the ribbon cable "feature" to version 1.1, I'm not holding my breath that they will suddenly go back to the rear connection of version 1.

Eos630 said:
Well, considering they just added the ribbon cable "feature" to version 1.1, I'm not holding my breath that they will suddenly go back to the rear connection of version 1.

Nor am I, but I do think they could be more sensible in their approach and use lightweight silicon wire which is ultra flexible and designed to do the job they are asking of it !

I had an interesting conversation this afternoon with one of the UK's main DJI dealers. I spoke to the guy that physically does the purchasing. Aside from his gripe that DJI had taken his money for 20 Lightbridges but he hadn't seen them yet or even got confirmation of dispatch/customs forms etc etc he was saying that the Naza/Flamewheel version of the H3-3D with the GCU is unlikely to be available until early June because DJI were still working on it and 'tooling up' !

We may yet see a 3rd version hit the dealers next month :roll:

Wouldn't be against that. Have to wonder, though, if anything will be done about this before the GoPro 4 comes out and nothing fits anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4