Stage 3 P2V+ interference?

Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday I went to try my stage 3 P2V+ with BOTH 5.8 antennas installed at a large park that is surrounded with apartment and office buildings. A friend had just finished installing a lightbridge on a Panthom 2 and was trying it right next to me. When we had both Phantoms on neither of us had solid video feeds and he could not even get video on his screen. He had a Futaba 8 channel controller

Is is possible that we were creating mutual interference that was affecting our video feeds? Any suggestions Tony?

Cheers,

Charlie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 654
Charlie, I can confirm this for you.
We have the same issue when flying together, two V+ (one of them has stage 2)
Constantly loose video feed and usually we loose feed in the same time.
What helps is getting some distance between the two RCs but still not perfect.

Regards
Sam

Would it help to follow phantommods.info instructions for installing WebUI on both Phantom and Repeater and making sure you're both using wifi channels (for 2.4ghz) that are well separated? Just a thought.

job2310 said:
Would it help to follow phantommods.info instructions for installing WebUI on both Phantom and Repeater and making sure you're both using wifi channels (for 2.4ghz) that are well separated? Just a thought.

Excellent suggestion !!!

If any of you had luck with the instruction on http://phantommods.info/ post how do did it. I found the openwrt.org changed the url for downloading packages. I spent all day readying how to modify the ogkp.config with no success.

Perhaps using two different polarized antenna sets would help, one phantom using left polarized antennas and the other right side polarized, this way you should be able to fly together without issues right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic