Stage 2 installed

hey_moe said:
Well I installed the Stage 2 set up yesterday and at first only flew it a couple of hundred yards around me. It was windy and cold. Took it up around 300 foot and then took it to a point I was unable to see it any more. All went well. Still doing some testing. I don't have the balls to take it a couple of miles away from me like others do. Two I would be afraid the battery wouldn't last that far away..lol,....yeah I a puss to take a chance like that.

Practice will give you a more confidence but remember while flying u have to keep an eye out for gps and that your battery doesn't screw up recently I did A 13000 feet flight and while returning back all of a sudden my battery went from 48% to 0 so that was a bad situation still don't know what the reason was...!

Re: Απ: Stage 2 installed

saao said:
hey_moe said:
Well I installed the Stage 2 set up yesterday and at first only flew it a couple of hundred yards around me. It was windy and cold. Took it up around 300 foot and then took it to a point I was unable to see it any more. All went well. Still doing some testing. I don't have the balls to take it a couple of miles away from me like others do. Two I would be afraid the battery wouldn't last that far away..lol,....yeah I a puss to take a chance like that.

Practice will give you a more confidence but remember while flying u have to keep an eye out for gps and that your battery doesn't screw up recently I did A 13000 feet flight and while returning back all of a sudden my battery went from 48% to 0 so that was a bad situation still don't know what the reason was...!
And what happen?did you finally bring it back or you crash it?

christodoulos1 said:
saao said:
hey_moe said:

And what happen?did you finally bring it back or you crash it?

Well managed to bring it back but since I got nervous it did tip of while landing and crashed but no harm only props got a little chipped so I replaced them for balance issues

christodoulos1 said:
It sount little strange how the battery failed down from 48% to 0.?

Some people have gone through this issue recommendations are to clean battery terminals and not to love the battery in the bird for longer period of time but it takes all the fun out how is one suppose to enjoy a long range flight if he is under stress of the battery just dying I have turned of all features that can make it land on low battery

Saao, that would freak me out to be flying it and loose all battery power. Right now I just need to take small steps till I feel I have complete control and trust what I am doing at long distance. This Sunday the weather suppose to be in the 50's and sunny so I can play at the RC field. One of the things I wanna do is use a timer to see really how the battery holds up. It shows on the Ipad using the vision app but I also want to check it with a timer

hey_moe said:
Saao, that would freak me out to be flying it and loose all battery power. Right now I just need to take small steps till I feel I have complete control and trust what I am doing at long distance. This Sunday the weather suppose to be in the 50's and sunny so I can play at the RC field. One of the things I wanna do is use a timer to see really how the battery holds up. It shows on the Ipad using the vision app but I also want to check it with a timer

Yea gps and battery have made my confidence level very low I have done the foil method and since haven't seen any issues with the gps but once it's in ur mind it just stays their the battery issue is something new I haven't tested it after cleaning the contacts will try it out to see how it goes

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj