Staff member / moderator

Reaction score
Just curious. How does one become a staff member or moderator that has the ability to edit threads,ban people etc? I'm not interested in becoming one...just asking.

Drop a note to TJ he can probably give some incite into how it works.

Just curious. How does one become a staff member or moderator that has the ability to edit threads,ban people etc? I'm not interested in becoming one...just asking.
have to have a 107

Sometimes they ask YOU!

Reactions: dirkclod
Mods are chosen based on several factors. If you are in good standings here on the forums and your active and helpful you never know, we may ask you. :)

If you know a good candidate please feel free to make a suggestion privately by sending me a PM.

There might be something about disqualification if you fly an orange quad :D

Have to be able to spell insight

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I see what ya did there. :D

He spelled the word incite correctly. He used the wrong homonym, or his auto correct did it for him. I hate it when that happens! :D

Reactions: Pharm
What is the difference between a staff member and moderator? Do they have the same powers?
Staff is all staff. Within that there are moderator & administrators. No, they do not have the same powers hence the differentiation of their names. :D
You seem to be drilling into this... what are you driving at Monte?

Staff is all staff. Within that there are moderator & administrators. No, they do not have the same powers hence the differentiation of their names. :D
You seem to be drilling into this... what are you driving at Monte?
Not drilling at anything. Im curious. I see some as staff or moderators . Some have been here for awhile with huge post counts and some are newer to the forum with much lower post count. Is there a problem with me asking a question?

Not drilling at anything. Im curious. I see some as staff or moderators . Some have been here for awhile with huge post counts and some are newer to the forum with much lower post count. Is there a problem with me asking a question?
Not at all... you've been asking a few questions about it and just trying to figure out what you really want to know. :)

The staff term is general. Post count is not always a determination in who gets chosen to be on the staff. Being a good member and one who is helpful is key. Occasionally we add new staff as needed. We are currently accepting nominations for new moderators if there is someone you would like to suggest.

On the other hand, if the questions are in regards to what you may feel is unfair moderation please feel free to PM me so we can discus it.

Not at all... you've been asking a few questions about it and just trying to figure out what you really want to know. :)

The staff term is general. Post count is not always a determination in who gets chosen to be on the staff. Being a good member and one who is helpful is key. Occasionally we add new staff as needed. We are currently accepting nominations for new moderators if there is someone you would like to suggest.

On the other hand, if the questions are in regards to what you may feel is unfair moderation please feel free to PM me so we can discus it.
One thing I would like to see...if a post is deleted that it can be explained why and not just get a generic message of not appropriate, off topic, argumentative, thread clean up etc. If members are not sure why their post was deleted, they are prone to do it again. The reason I ask the questions about who can become a moderator is......yesterday, they were just like me....a pee on. Now they can delete, alter, or ban me because we do not think alike.

If you are not sure why your post was deleted question the staff member that preformed that action with a private message. If your not sure who it was, message an admin like myself.
No members are pee-on's. And while staff members do have more powers than a regular member this is necessary to keep the forum running smoothly. They do not moderate by "feelings", they use the rules to guide them. All staff have a guide to go by and a set of rules to enforce. Staff members must follow the same rules you do and are trusted to be fair with everyone, if you feel a staff member is not following the rules or being unfair be sure to send a private message to an administrator. You can find the list of staff members and their position in the members section of the forum - Notable Members | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

The rules/guidlines you agreed to when you joined are found here - Community Rules
The Terms Of Service can be found here - Terms of Service and Rules | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

If you are not sure why your post was deleted question the staff member that preformed that action with a private message. If your not sure who it was, message an admin like myself.
No members are pee-on's. And while staff members do have more powers than a regular member this is necessary to keep the forum running smoothly. They do not moderate by "feelings", they use the rules to guide them. All staff have a guide to go by and a set of rules to enforce. Staff members must follow the same rules you do and are trusted to be fair with everyone, if you feel a staff member is not following the rules or being unfair be sure to send a private message to an administrator. You can find the list of staff members and their position in the members section of the forum - Notable Members | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

The rules/guidlines you agreed to when you joined are found here - Community Rules
The Terms Of Service can be found here - Terms of Service and Rules | DJI Phantom Drone Forum
I am not here to rock the boat. Just want info and help when I can. I still am not sure why I was shut down awhile back . I know your jobs must be difficult at times. I try to abide by the rules. I see people using inappropriate language at times. Not sure what happens with those posts. I'm not going back to figure it out. Also we do not know who edited, deleted our posts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31