Stability and other issues after newest update.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Since updating to the newest app for the vision 2+ on my Samsung note 2, I have noticed the following:

1. I have a lot of floating (both up/down & left right) The normal hover is no longer there even though all my parameters are perfect and the compass has been calibrated. Both the controller and remote control were also updated to reflect the most recent updates on the DJI site.
2. The phantom almost rocks back and forth while in a hover now. Kind of like a seizure. Very weird
3. I am only getting 1500 away (if I am very lucky) when the phantom goes into "return home" mode. I am seeing videos of the phantom flying more than 2.3km

Any thoughts or help on these issues would be appreciated?

thanks in advance.

Updating the app only will have no effect on the flight characteristics of the aircraft, that's handled by the firmware on the craft itself.

1 and 2: What are your gains set at in the Assistant?
3. 1.5km is not bad considering you're on 5.8GHz - local environment can have an impact on range. DJI themselves specify that in an open area in FCC mode it should get to 800m, so you're nearly double the stated spec. Some people have modified the antenna on their transmitter to get increased range, others just seem to be able to get a signal way further than expected...

Pull_Up said:
Updating the app only will have no effect on the flight characteristics of the aircraft, that's handled by the firmware on the craft itself.

1 and 2: What are your gains set at in the Assistant?

Speaking of gains.... I've never tinkered with them because I don't really understand what they will do! But I use ARRIS 9443 CF props (non self-tightening) and someone said I should alter the gains to suit these props. He didn't elaborate as what I should alter them to. Any ideas or should I just leave them as they are?

Gyroscope
X: .2 Y: .2 Z: .3

ACCEL:

X: 0.03 Y: -O.01 Z: -1.00 MOD: 1.00

COMPASS

X: 262 Y: 78 Z: 363 Mod: 1395.1

Thanks for your input !!

I re-calibrated the phantom and the remote controller. I even put new propellers on it and tried to fly. After throttling up it shot up to about 40 feet and started to fly away. I regained control quickly and landed it. This thing is F'd !!

PLEASE HELP !!!

My bird did the drunken stagger on 3.0 and 3.04. Went back to 1,08 and perfect again. Gun Slinger has the firmware on his website. Thanks to him, I have confidence in my Phantom again.

Fplvert said:
My bird did the drunken stagger on 3.0 and 3.04. Went back to 1,08 and perfect again. Gun Slinger has the firmware on his website. Thanks to him, I have confidence in my Phantom again.
Once you go back you'll never go back (to 3.0+)!!!!

So we are confident that its a firmware issue then ?

Would you have a link to gunslingers website ?

Thank you Cougar! I assume the previous settings I had would cause my issues? Changing to the gain setting you mentioned should fix my issues ?

Thanks !

Shawn

Shawn8202 said:
Thank you Cougar! I assume the previous settings I had would cause my issues? Changing to the gain setting you mentioned should fix my issues ?

Thanks !

Shawn

Give it a try, mine it fine. I use this on 3.04

My aircraft is updated with all the latest firmware and has been flying fine. I have about 6 flights and over an hour in the air with it and no serious, unexplainable incidents. Am I understanding the old timers on here are saying I should go to 1.08?

JWarren said:
My aircraft is updated with all the latest firmware and has been flying fine. I have about 6 flights and over an hour in the air with it and no serious, unexplainable incidents. Am I understanding the old timers on here are saying I should go to 1.08?

If you are happy with 3.04 keep using it.
I am using booth 3.04 and 1.08 and like 1.08 better, drawback is you can't use the GS portion on 1.08.
For me I am just waiting for the channel 7 upgrade that I have on order and will try if I can use this and maybe GS with 1.08.
If I have to sacrifice the GS and can retain the channel 7 control using 1.08 I will.
GS is nice but it will not make me run 3.04 alone.
My 2 cents

Ok I'm a little confused... Are these problems people are having with latest firmware updates dependent on ones geographical location? Is it something to do with magnetic declination in certain areas? I have seen videos & read about Phantoms 'hooking' to the left and flying in a peculiar manner... Most bizarre.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31