Splash out gimbal system - 2 motors (roll and pitch) malfunction

Reaction score
Hello,
I had a incident on Sunday and splash out my gimbal system with fresh water. The drone 4 motors are working fine, the camera is transmitting but the roll and pitch motors cannot position the camera. Both motors do some noise like they are trying to align the camera and after a couple of minutes it shows the alarm "gimbal motor overload". When I start the drone the camera does move in all directions. When I use the gimbal dial, it does not moves up and down the camera.
Questions:
1. Could it be that the motors are ok and the electronic is the problem? I could replace the 2 motors control boards only or if it is an issue with the control board, maybe if I clean it with alcohol, it could help?
2. Could it be that the water damaged partially the motors, so they are trying to move, but something is wrong with the motors? Then, I would need to replace the motors
Or maybe is just both, motors and control boards.
Thanks for the help!

First did you dry it out well? I took mine apart and put it in a dehydrator. It was underwater for an hour and a half. It worked fine after that.

Hi, after the water incident, I did the stupid mistake of trying to check it. After I notice all the malfunctions, I left it to dry in the sun for 1 day without taking it apart.

I did not took it a part to dry.
I can move the camera with my hand, the motors make a small noise when I do it, like they are trying to put the camera in the correct position but other than the noise they do not move the camera.
Thanks

Water can get trapped inside if you don't take it apart to dry. You also have to take it apart to check the motors. If you are not comfortable taking it apart then you need to send it away to get fixed. Don't do anymore if you don't have the ability to work on mech, elect. things. Watch a lot of Utube videoes to learn more about the gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers