Speedy little thing with the wind behind you!

Reaction score
http://flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-p ... ton-12005/

So I nearly got the world record speed for a Vision this afternoon ("world" meaning only everyone who's put a Flytrex on a Vision... bit like the "World Series", mmm? ;) ). One Vision ahead of me in the rankings. This thing looks and sounds quite impressive going overhead at nearly 60mph.

And yes, I was cheating - winds were 22mph, gusting 32mph. But I was getting twitchy and needed a bit of air time, so my son and I headed off to a nearby footpath through a big field and just had a bit of fun until we got cold and it started to rain.

The GPS hold even in these conditions was really, really impressive. During my initial close-in test hover you could really see the thing working on all axes and in height, too. And my seven-year-old could still fly it, too.

Very nice. I bet it was impressive when it came roaring by - especially at 10 feet. I've done some very much milder high speed passes (one yesterday - a roll past at about 100' with 20 mph winds.) To watch it swoop past has a high cool factor. Congrats on the badge and record.

Pull_Up said:
http://flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-phantom-2-vision-simon-newton-12005/

So I nearly got the world record speed for a Vision this afternoon ("world" meaning only everyone who's put a Flytrex on a Vision... bit like the "World Series", mmm? ;) ). One Vision ahead of me in the rankings. This thing looks and sounds quite impressive going overhead at nearly 60mph.

And yes, I was cheating - winds were 22mph, gusting 32mph. But I was getting twitchy and needed a bit of air time, so my son and I headed off to a nearby footpath through a big field and just had a bit of fun until we got cold and it started to rain.

The GPS hold even in these conditions was really, really impressive. During my initial close-in test hover you could really see the thing working on all axes and in height, too. And my seven-year-old could still fly it, too.

Congrats you just nicked my Flytrex position... I suppose I will have to now wait for the next buttock clenching hurricane session and try to pinch that back :D

My skills are climbing and as I live in one of the windiest places on the planet ..... Im a comin for ya's ..... LOL ;)

Had 120kms past the house the last big weather day .....

Useless for any photographic endeavours of course. I wouldn't have flown in this a couple of months ago, either. Confidence in self and the machine increases as time goes on. That and always sending her off upwind first to assess your ground speed is actually going to enable you to get back at the end of the downwind run!

Yeah... someone will always screw with something like this. They deserve a special place in hell. It isn't even a good ego trip - it just shows the guy is a smart-a$$ kid (at heart... maybe he/she is 70). What do you have if you don't have honor?

It is easy to tell the charlatans, though. Serious people will simply ignore the stupid stuff.

Pull_Up said:
http://flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-phantom-2-vision-simon-newton-12005/

Nice!! I gotta try it one day! although taking off in those winds really chickens me out. Not for weak hearts! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20