Speed Issue / Question

Reaction score
I have the P4 and use both Litchi and DJI GO.....I always force shut down either app when switching and re-start the bird and remote.. I use the new GO 4 app and all is working well and also the LITCHI app works like a charm and I am able to get higher speeds with the FPV and WAYPOINT settings within LITCHI but NOT in DJI GO 4 app.

Issue: With DJI GO 4 in the "P" (GPS ) position I can only obtain a top speed of 18 - 19 mph. The "S" mode hits 49mph. I have double checked my settings and cannot see where the issue is.....I am sure it is pilot's error somewhere but cannot find it......

Question: What should I check / change to get the normal speed in the "P" mode? **The image below shows 18 MPH and I was at full stick forward....

Thank you!
IMG_1906.PNG

Your speed is limited in P mode if you have your obstacle avoidance turned on. This does not apply to the VPS system, you can leave that on.

Check those speeds again in Litchi while in P-GPS / FPV. I can't fly right now (raining), but I strongly recall the same speed limits in Litchi while flying yesterday that one experiences using DJI GO [4].

I believe this is implemented in the Phantom's on-board firmware, not via control signals from the app itself. Pure speculation on my part, but it makes the most sense.

Ok Thank you... I will look into this and I will check again the Obstacle Avoidance settings in the Go app. thanks!

I use both litchi and the go4 and the speeds are pretty much the same in P mode when using FPV. Switch off OA in either and you can get up 50 kph.

So with OA switched off can you run missions in Litchi in P mode at speeds faster than ~20mph? Up to the ~45mph sport speed?

So with OA switched off can you run missions in Litchi in P mode at speeds faster than ~20mph? Up to the ~45mph sport speed?
Theoretically yes, as you can adjust the speed between each waypoint to get past the almost preset 30 kph. I might try it today if the weather picks up, I normally don't bother with it as I am trying to film during the trip and the props will probably come into view if I amp it up between waypoints.

Theoretically yes, as you can adjust the speed between each waypoint to get past the almost preset 30 kph. I might try it today if the weather picks up, I normally don't bother with it as I am trying to film during the trip and the props will probably come into view if I amp it up between waypoints.
Yeah... I was thinking this would be useful when traveling between a set of waypoints where pictures are taken.

Yeah... I was thinking this would be useful when traveling between a set of waypoints where pictures are taken.
Give it a try, it should work with OA turned off as with normal FPV. Got a storm heading my way, so no chance to fly and see for myself.

Look for plastic stress cracks around the motors after you slam on the brakes for sharp corners with high speed, more so with wind. Might be more relevant for the P3 though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31