Speed drop

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to the drone world only have about 4 hours of flight time under my belt on a P4P. I was out yesterday and while going about 25 mph forward the speed suddenly dropped to around 8 mph and then picked back up again. It did this multiple times during he flight.

Has this ever happened to someone else? Is this normal or is there something causing this?

Thanks,

Jeff

OAS if on can detect sunlight wrong and it thinks it is running into something and will slow or stop. Happens to me in early AM or late PM flying into the sun. I've had it stair-step too which is odd to see from the side in one AM flight facing the rising sun. Probably normal behavior for yours, and at least the VPS system is working. Fly on.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbrayton
VPS if on can detect sunlight wrong and it thinks it is running into something and will slow or stop.
Just a small correction, otherwise you are correct. You meant the OAS, not VPS. ;)

Reactions: jbrayton
When you are flying at 30 mph on the edge of range and the control signal becomes intermittent, the AC will level out (hover) for a second, and tilt, level out and tilt, which will slow the over all speed for a second or two until you regain a solid control signal.

it can be caused by wind gusts as well - wind speed at even a few meters off the ground can be very different

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj