Spare parts

Reaction score
Just learning the ropes with my Phantom. Due to some not-so-stellar landings, I managed to lose of of the silver colored "caps" (the little plastic top piece that goes on top of the rotor). I'd like to replace it but don't want to order anything from Hong Kong. My dealer says they can't order them individually either. My recourse is to take the remaining three off, and just use metric nuts and washers so everything balances out.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Fred in Houston, TX

I'm shocked you lost one due to a crash. Make sure they are tight! If you lose one during flight, your Phantom will fly like a brick. If that happens, the only thing you want under it is a field.

Lots of people are using different nuts that will "lock" and prevent getting lose. Just search the boards. Many hobby stores will have something.

radioguy said:
Just learning the ropes with my Phantom. Due to some not-so-stellar landings, I managed to lose of of the silver colored "caps" (the little plastic top piece that goes on top of the rotor).
The acorn nuts that come with it should be metal - not plastic.

You want to check that they are secure before each flight.

You can replace them with nylock nuts but you will want to find low profile ones so that the locking section is fully engaged when snugged down.

DJI dealers can perhaps sell you replacement nuts, if they have them in stock.

otherwise you'll have to resort to using M6 nuts (preferably ones that are Nylock, as mentioned), which are less likely to come off.

radioguy said:
Just learning the ropes with my Phantom. Due to some not-so-stellar landings, I managed to lose of of the silver colored "caps" (the little plastic top piece that goes on top of the rotor). I'd like to replace it but don't want to order anything from Hong Kong. My dealer says they can't order them individually either. My recourse is to take the remaining three off, and just use metric nuts and washers so everything balances out.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Fred in Houston, TX
I use these, works great with stock props and with Zingers, non additional washers required. Always do a pre-flight checklist including lock nuts:
http://www.probolt-usa.com/aluminium-dome-nuts-m6-din-1587-pack-x-10-red.html#.UZ1OJrRghyI

DOMENUT6-10R.jpg
nyn6-10bk.jpg

Zinger-Phantom.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic