Spam redirects away from phantom pilots

Is this when you attempt to navigate directly to PhantomPilots, or via links from other sites?

This is always directly from the phantom pilots site. In fact, it just happened as I was typing this reply. It takes 3 taps of the back button to get back to the site. It is totally random, but happens nearly every session.

This is on my android phone. Not sure if it would happen on my PC.

I'll have Admin look into this and let us know what's happening.

Thanks for the heads up and posting the link as this will help. I'll talk to our ad network and see if it something coming from them.

Thanks for the heads up and posting the link as this will help. I'll talk to our ad network and see if it something coming from them.

This happened once before on PhantomPilots if I remember correctly. I forget what the exact problem was, but it was an issue with one of the ad partners.

Saw this on another forum I followed. I thought it would have to be a malicious script/hacked file that was rewriting links randomly on the fly.

Malicious advertisers sometimes bid in these ad networks for the cheapest slots they can find then insert some a script to exploit a weakness in the browser to do stuff like this. Once they find a particular device/os that they are able to exploit then they hit the ads there pretty hard so that user will see it over and over. Sounds like that is what is happening here. The ad network has been notified so they are searching for that advertiser to remove them. Its kinda like plying whack-a-mole however.

Reactions: sar104

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj