Video unavailable

• Thread starter Deleted member 108945
  • Start date
Well done. I would love to see those places in person someday

From Phoenician temples, battles between Celtiberians and Romans, Muslims and Christians, attacks by pirates and the struggle for power between the nobility and the monarchy, have made Spain a country of fortresses. In total, it is believed that there are some 20,000, although not all have managed to remain in perfect condition and many have disappeared. There are associations that have about 10,200 inventories.

Battles between Celtiberians and Romans, Muslims and Christians, attacks by pirates and the struggle for power between the nobility and the monarchy have made Spain a country of fortresses. In total, it is believed that there are about 20,000, although not all have managed to remain in perfect condition and many have disappeared. There are associations that have about 10,200 inventories.

Most of the Spanish castles are concentrated in Castile, hence the name; Catalonia, Aragon and Jaen. Their extensive fields are dotted with towers built on high ground that is difficult to access, from where they control the territory.

Far from the roads, with their vigilant keep at the top of the mountain, they seem to continue defending themselves from the passing of time, which has taken its toll on many of them. From castles of Celtiberian origin such as Pedraza, one of the oldest in Europe. The Romans, Visigoths, Arabs and Christians have left their mark there. It was also the residence of the Fernández de Velasco family, the highest authority of the armies of Castile. Even medieval castles, erected as the Reconquest advanced and designed to shelter the population within its wide walls; Renaissance, Baroque; fortified towers built in front of the sea to prevent attacks by the Berbers, or already in the 16th and 17th centuries by the most fearsome pirates who ravaged the coasts.

Video collection with almost all the castles I have shot in Spain, recorded until March 2020

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OMG, this is so good! Finally I got what I wanted. One of the most beautiful videos I've watched so far. As you know, I’m a medical doctor and very busy nowadays because of Covid-19. It will be very difficult but I hope we will succeed in the end. Thanks for these beautiful shots.

OMG, this is so good! Finally I got what I wanted. One of the most beautiful videos I've watched so far. As you know, I’m a medical doctor and very busy nowadays because of Covid-19. It will be very difficult but I hope we will succeed in the end. Thanks for these beautiful shots.

The first thing is to thank you for your work as a doctor and the effort you are making to be able to get out of this crisis. Please, keep safe!!

The second is to tell you that I am very happy that you liked the video and also to say thank you for giving me the idea to do it

Reactions: OOO
The first thing is to thank you for your work as a doctor and the effort you are making to be able to get out of this crisis. Please, keep safe!!

The second is to tell you that I am very happy that you liked the video and also to say thank you for giving me the idea to do it

Thank you my friend. We’ll do our best! Please do your best regarding with prevention measures against Covid-19 infection. Because protection is currently the best available and working strategy against Covid-19.

Thank you my friend. We’ll do our best! Please do your best regarding with prevention measures against Covid-19 infection. Because protection is currently the best available and working strategy against Covid-19.
I will try to keep myself and family safe. Thanks!!

Reactions: OOO