Southwest Florida

Reaction score
Does anyone live in southwest Florida. Seems the state does not want drone people to fly. Can't fly over anyone's private property. Can't fly higher than 400 feet. FAA says must be 500 feet above private property. Not sure if I should buy my drone, if there is no place to fly.

Wait a minute. Can’t fly over private property but must be 500 ft over the property you can’t fly over? Can you post a link to those regulations? I’d like to see the official FAA regs stating that.

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Those rules don’t mesh with the FAA requirements. I flew in FL just last week...but ensured that I was in an area that met all of the FAA rules.

Maybe I read something wrong but I read where it said Florida passed a law that you can't fly drones over private property such as home. And of course the FAA rules for drones is no higher than 400 ft the FAA rules for airplanes is they have to fly 500 over homes. That's why I'm asking does not make sense to me I live in Bonita Springs Florida full-time I'm a boat captain I was thinking of purchasing a phantom 4 Pro Plus and I read you can't fly over public beaches and then I also read that you can't fly over private homes. I was just wondering if anyone had any news on that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31