Sound of the drone (p3a weird sound)

Reaction score
Hey all

New p3a. 1.9 fw. Flies fine. Everything is ok never crashed or anything.

When i turn on it has this kind of sound.

Dropbox - Voice 057.m4a

Which as i know this cat murrring or gargling sound is a regular sound for drones. But what about the rest of the noises?

Is this ok?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is that one of the fans? My pro has a gimbal fan that comes on when I fly and its in the upper 90's. I don't think the advanced has that though right? Where is the sound coming from, or seem to be coming from?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is that one of the fans? My pro has a gimbal fan that comes on when I fly and its in the upper 90's. I don't think the advanced has that though right? Where is the sound coming from, or seem to be coming from?

)))))
Seems to come from little ventil. holes on the top of the shell )

Does it do it all the time? So if it sits all night and you power it up you get this sound?
Or, is it after a few runs that it starts?

Does it do it all the time? So if it sits all night and you power it up you get this sound?
Or, is it after a few runs that it starts?

Yes all the time. I googled. There is a thread on DjI forum called "Phantom 3 Advanced Sounds." Guy had the same question. Dji member of a forum said that its normal.

My new P3A had the same sound. The whining noise was quite loud - like a fan with a bad bearing. I believe the clicking noise is the sonar and the whine is the fan above the VPS just below the battery compartment. I sent a recording like yours to DJI and they responded that as long as the bird flies OK don't worry about it. I worried about it and returned it to Amazon.

I posted a thread here: Continuous whining and got several responses. Some thought it was normal and some thought it was definitely a problem. I believe some fan noise is normal but not this loud.

Reactions: MasterBlaster
Yes there is a fan in the body. I can hear mine a little bit if I listen. Most of the time I don't notice it unless I am in the house doing a deep cycle on the battery.
Bill may have a point about the vps. Maybe your recorder picked it up.
Turn the vps off. Don't need it outside anyway.

Yes there is a fan in the body. I can hear mine a little bit if I listen. Most of the time I don't notice it unless I am in the house doing a deep cycle on the battery.
Bill may have a point about the vps. Maybe your recorder picked it up.
Turn the vps off. Don't need it outside anyway.
Unfortunately you can't turn off the VPS. You can set ignore VPS in the app but it still stays powered up.

Unfortunately you can't turn off the VPS. You can set ignore VPS in the app but it still stays powered up.

I never knew that. I always thought it turned it off. Cool..
So mine first made the fan noise a week ago and I freaked out thinking it was something bad. I came to the conclusion that it was just the fan. It only comes on with mine on really hot days after a flight or 2.
And mine is the fan on top of the gimbal. I don't think the advanced has that though. I could be wrong. Anyway, when that fan is spinning it make the noise when it's not it doesn't. Got to be it for me :)

Huh. My P3A makes a constant noise as soon as you turn it on, and the noise doesn't stop until you turn off the Phantom. It just sounds like a computer fan whirring, which I guess is basically what it is. Weird that it toggles on and off for some people... I've had at least 20 flights with no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Huh. My P3A makes a constant noise as soon as you turn it off, and the noise doesn't stop until you turn off the Phantom. It just sounds like a computer fan whirring, which I guess is basically what it is. Weird that it toggles on and off for some people... I've had at least 20 flights with no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using PhantomPilots mobile app

"constant noise as soon as you turn it off"
It makes the noise while it is off?
That doesn't sound right...

I dont know but this still creeps me out. What if something happens while in flight? I think this is a fan sound. Now it sounds like a chainsaw.
Anyone else experiences the same?

I dont know but this still creeps me out. What if something happens while in flight? I think this is a fan sound. Now it sounds like a chainsaw.
Anyone else experiences the same?
Yes, my P3A had exactly the same noise - like a fan with a bad bearing. Sent a video like yours to DJI and they said as long as the bird flies ok don't worry about it. I returned it to Amazon and ordered a P3P which is quiet and it has 2 fans.

Yes, my P3A had exactly the same noise - like a fan with a bad bearing. Sent a video like yours to DJI and they said as long as the bird flies ok don't worry about it. I returned it to Amazon and ordered a P3P which is quiet and it has 2 fans.
Strange
Cuz i send them the video they said to send it in. 2nd time within 2 months. :((

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl