Sound help

Reaction score
I have a P3S. Does the camera record sound as well as video. If it does, how do you turn on that feature?

Thanks. Jim B.

No. No DJI Phantom camera records sound.

If you have heard sound on a video on YouTube, the that sound was recorded on a separate device and added to the video.

No. No DJI Phantom camera records sound.

If you have heard sound on a video on YouTube, the that sound was recorded on a separate device and added to the video.
Or a GoPro on a P2Zen. ;)

Thanks gents. Correct answer, not what I wanted. Hard to believe. My $50 Syma X5C does.o_O

Thanks gents. Correct answer, not what I wanted. Hard to believe. My $50 Syma X5C does.o_O
Why would you want to record sound from your drone? The only thing you would hear is the god-awful noise of four electric motors mixed with the wind noise from the props.

Here's a video of one of my first flights with my Syma X5C-1. The sound is unbearable.

Why would you want to record sound from your drone? The only thing you would hear is the god-awful noise of four electric motors mixed with the wind noise from the props.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Here's a video of one of my first flights with my Syma X5C-1. The sound is unbearable.

Did u ever get it out of the tree? Mine was 46" up in a tree for a month in the rain till a strong gust of wind dialoged it. Took the battery out, dried it of with a hair dryer. for 4 hours. Put a battery in it and we're flying again. Things are indestructible.

Last edited:
Reactions: abobroff8
Did u ever get it out of the tree? Mine was 46" up in a tree for a month in the rain till a strong gust of wind dialoged it. Took the battery out, dried it of with a hair dryer. for 4 hours. Put a battery in it and we're flying again. Things are indestructible.
I did. Two days after it got stuck in that tree I managed to get it out using a fishing rod with an M8 nut tied to the end of the line. Before trying that approach I had tried rocking the drone by spinning and stopping the motors. Two of the props were blocked, though, so I had to replace two melted motor mounts and two seized motors at a total cost of $4. Then I changed the battery and my Syma has performed flawlessly ever since :)

I own a Syma X5C-1 and Cheerson CX-20 (with Blackview Hero 2 cam), both record sound but **** all I hear is the noisy propeller sound. So yeah, no need for sound recording in my P3A.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik