Sound from recordings?

P3 has no provision for voice recording on the aircraft. You can always record voices on mobile devices.

It also doesn't make any sense to mount a voice recorder on P3 as the props noise will be so high that other voices will not be heard. I don't know if there is a specific case where one would need a voice recording on P3.

Reactions: GunnyPapa
This is why I now have collected a music playlist called "dji". I grab a suitable (usually instrumental, ambient) audio track from there to my edited footage.

I'm slightly uncomfortable with this practice, though, because it is copyrighted music and I might have to remove it if I pass the video to friends etc.

I miss the sound.... you can use it for various things like listening to the motor/wind noise for added info and I liked a bit of the take off sound before going into my music on my videos...

This is why I now have collected a music playlist called "dji". I grab a suitable (usually instrumental, ambient) audio track from there to my edited footage.

I'm slightly uncomfortable with this practice, though, because it is copyrighted music and I might have to remove it if I pass the video to friends etc.
There are many sites on the 'net where you can download free audio files without copyrights. All you usually have to do is just credit the artist in your video.
Here is one example : Royalty Free Music by Bensound | Creative Commons Music

There are many sites on the 'net where you can download free audio files without copyrights.

I recently glanced those sites but didn't readily find anything I fancied. I guess there is good stuff there but searching seemed quite time-consuming.

I might record ambient AC sounds and try how they work as an audio track.

Thanks for the advice fellas. I recently video the 611 steam engine and I was looking on you tube and a guy with a advanced had some how recorded the sound of the same steam engine and put the video on YouTube and had some how matched the recording with his dji phantom video???

I recently glanced those sites but didn't readily find anything I fancied. I guess there is good stuff there but searching seemed quite time-consuming.

I might record ambient AC sounds and try how they work as an audio track.
I use AZ Screen Record on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, so instead of prop roars, my video contains sound of my distant P3, throttle sticks, dog barking, my coughing, my swearing and my farting. Hope it gives you an idea :p

There's a free PC application called PluralEyes. It will sync audio you record (separate from the drone) to the video itself.

Have some one record the audio of the subject while you fly. Then marry the two with PluralEyes.

P3 has no provision for voice recording on the aircraft. You can always record voices on mobile devices.

It also doesn't make any sense to mount a voice recorder on P3 as the props noise will be so high that other voices will not be heard. I don't know if there is a specific case where one would need a voice recording on P3.
Hi alo, can I rack your brain for a second? I use my Galaxy S5 as the monitor device when I fly my P3S. Are you saying that while flying, my S5 will record ground audio? I just went flying the other day and I don't have audio coming from my S5. Am I missing something? btw, I'm brand-new to droning. Need a lot of learning to do. Thanks for any help.

Hi alo, can I rack your brain for a second? I use my Galaxy S5 as the monitor device when I fly my P3S. Are you saying that while flying, my S5 will record ground audio? I just went flying the other day and I don't have audio coming from my S5. Am I missing something? btw, I'm brand-new to droning. Need a lot of learning to do. Thanks for any help.
You would have to record the audio separately using the built in recorder app or one of the hundreds of other similar apps. You would then synch it to the video using another app like Plural Eyes (above) or just by inserting the audio track in your video editing application.

If you really wanted to have some decent audio clips, I would just use another smart phone or separate recorder, go into a quiet area (to avoid dogs / planes / motorcycles), not go to Taco Bell for lunch and make recordings of takeoff, landing, flying around or what ever you like. Then add them as desired.

Sure, carefully applied audio can improve a video but I don't think many people want to listen to the props ALL of the time.

You would have to record the audio separately using the built in recorder app or one of the hundreds of other similar apps. You would then synch it to the video using another app like Plural Eyes (above) or just by inserting the audio track in your video editing application.

If you really wanted to have some decent audio clips, I would just use another smart phone or separate recorder, go into a quiet area (to avoid dogs / planes / motorcycles), not go to Taco Bell for lunch and make recordings of takeoff, landing, flying around or what ever you like. Then add them as desired.

Sure, carefully applied audio can improve a video but I don't think many people want to listen to the props ALL of the time.
Thanks Dog. As I said, I'm new at this. And I agree, continuous prop sound is not pleasant to hear. What I want to do is narrate while the aircraft is flying. Such as orally saying the date, location, and describing the area, whether a beach scene in Hawaii, or a neighborhood in California, etc. Am I making sense? Thanks for your help and input.

Thanks Dog. As I said, I'm new at this. And I agree, continuous prop sound is not pleasant to hear. What I want to do is narrate while the aircraft is flying. Such as orally saying the date, location, and describing the area, whether a beach scene in Hawaii, or a neighborhood in California, etc. Am I making sense? Thanks for your help and input.
Most quality video editing and post production packages allow you to lay down an audio track while you are editing. Look at Pinnacle Studios for example.

Pinnacle Studio: video editing software & screen recorder

Plural eyes will not marry mute video to a separately recorded audio track. The software compares two sets of audio and marries them together - guide audio recorded with a poor quality camera mic, and a better quality pro audio track is usually how plural eyes works

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20