Sorry to revisit RTH,but now necessary!

Reaction score
P4, Shield K1 (with GPS), DJI Go v 2.9.1 (latest)

At preflight all systems are go. My K1 shows the HP and the little blue dot (My K1 gps position).

Question #1; Once flying I want to change the HP. I moved to another location 50m away. I switched switch 2 five times to update my HP. It did not work. How EXACTLY do I update the home point? I see nothing in the MC menu to do this.

Question #2: How do I SWITCH my P4 to go to my RC location instead? Again I found nothing in the app for me to allow this.

Please explain the steps to me. I have spent hours actual fly testing and also going through the app to find this. I would think this feature would be at least easy and quick to navigate to and preform. What am I missing????

In Main Controller Settings in the GO app the first item is Home Point Settings. There are two icons showing...if you tap the paper aeroplane icon,it will reset the Home Point to the P4's current position....if you tap the person icon, it will reset the Home Point to where you are with your controller.

DJI-GO-Home-Point-Settings.png

The above procedure suggested by msinger will only work if your phone / tablet has GPS and DJI Go App has access to it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The above procedure suggested by msinger will only work if your phone / tablet has GPS and DJI Go App has access to it.
The OP is using an Nvidia Shield K1. It does have a GPS receiver.

In Main Controller Settings in the GO app the first item is Home Point Settings. There are two icons showing...if you tap the paper aeroplane icon,it will reset the Home Point to the P4's current position....if you tap the person icon, it will reset the Home Point to where you are with your controller.
Thanks for the info, I will try it.
On my app I do not have this setting under the menu. Instead, if I go to map view I have a location icon top right screen. If I click this I get the paper plane icon and the H icon. I suppose there is where I can change the home point to the current drone position or to the controller position. I will have to go try it to be sure.

Strange I do not get this choice in the menu like you. Are you using an android or IOS? Maybe different screens.

Thanks for the info, I will try it.
On my app I do not have this setting under the menu. Instead, if I go to map view I have a location icon top right screen. If I click this I get the paper plane icon and the H icon. I suppose there is where I can change the home point to the current drone position or to the controller position. I will have to go try it to be sure.

Strange I do not get this choice in the menu like you. Are you using an android or IOS? Maybe different screens.
I use an iPad Air, and I get the same menus as the screen shots that msinger posted above. I'm not sure what you get on Android, but it sounds as though you've found the way to change your Home Point....good luck.

I just tried to test again and it does not work. The only way I can update my HP is by landing and taking off again.

This is the pics of my K1. It has 15 sats locked, my P4 sees 13 before take off. Once in the air I flew it a good 100m away than walked to a new location about 50m away. Bringing up the target icon, I cannot select either of the icons. Nor just trying to click on the target icon does anything.

Dropping down the menu is what I see in the other pic. Only the ability to change the RTH altitude.

So it appears there is no way now to dynamically change a home point after take off which makes no sense to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160928-163540.jpg
    Screenshot_20160928-163540.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 328
  • Screenshot_20160928-163342.jpg
    Screenshot_20160928-163342.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 360
Sounds very strange...those icons should work. What mode are you flying in when you try to make the change? If you're in P mode and it's not working, it sounds as though you need to contact DJI. Home Point position is definitely settable on the go.

I tried in every mode just to be sure. Same result. I did contact DJI as well but so far no response.

Sorry....I can't offer any other suggestions. Maybe worth you posting as a new topic to see if anyone can help?

JackH, you will only see those options in the "Main Controller Settings" section of DJI GO when your Phantom is connected to DJI GO.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I re installed the app and now the feature appears. I will go fly test to be sure.

BTW, DJI support did answer but their answer was not one of help. They blamed my K1 Sheild or that I should not make phones calls during flight, use another device, etc. Nothing helpful with any suggestions. I think this is not the right approach to helping customers. Also the K1 is a PREFERRED device as per their website which is why I bought it instead of using any of the mutiple iPads, iPhones, Androids I already have. I made the K1 dedicated to this P4 with no other software installed.

However, I decided on my own to re install, and hopefully this will be a permanent fix at this point.

DJI support did answer but their answer was not one of help.
This happens a lot. Come here instead next time :)

the K1 is a PREFERRED device as per their website which is why I bought it instead of using any of the mutiple iPads, iPhones, Androids I already have. I made the K1 dedicated to this P4 with no other software installed.
The Nvidia Shield K1 is an amazing Android device and is a recommended device on my website. However, DJI only recommends the following Android devices be used:
  • Samsung tabs 705c
  • Samsung S6
  • Samsung S5
  • Samsung NOTE4
  • Samsung NOTE3
  • Google Nexus 9
  • Google Nexus 7 II
  • Ascend Mate7
  • Huawei P8 Max
  • Huawei Mate 8
  • Nubia Z7 mini
  • Sony Xperia Z3
  • MI 3
  • MI PAD
  • Smartisan T1
DJI support will often blame the device if something isn't working as expected on a device other than what I listed above.

Reactions: RadioMike
I stand corrected. It was your website I saw that my K1 was recommended for use. BTW, after I test DJI Go I will also test the Ultimate Flight app by Ken. Which one do you prefer?

I haven't tried Ultimate Flight. I normally only use DJI GO as it has all of the bells and whistles I need.

Reactions: RadioMike
[QUOTE="JackH, post: 946292, member: They blamed my K1 Sheild or that I should not make phones calls during flight, use another device, etc..[/QUOTE]

You should always put you phone in flight mode before you fly your drone, even if I'm using my iPad and my phones in my pocket I still switch to flight mode.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj