Sorry, I really can't decide...

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been reading almost every topic for the past weeks, and I'm still not sure what is the best choice for me...

Since I was a little kid I always wanted to film stuff, I got my first camera quit early and used it a lot. the past few years I haven't had the time and energy to do much for personal reasons. But I caught myself often thinking about how amazing it would be to start filming again with a drone.

In the beginning of December I pulled the trigger and decided to buy a drone, after some research I knew that there was a P4P rumored so I decided to wait and see what that would change.

Like I said after reading a lot of forums and watching Youtube video's I still can't decide what is the right drone, my doubts:

Mavic Pro:
Like the portability, don't like the fragile camera, the lack of tablet holder I use an iPhone SE and that is just to small. And finally I definitely don't like the design (weirdly important to me). Since I'm not traveling that much the Mavic is not going to be the one for me.

Phantom 4 vs Phantom 4 Pro
Prices in my country are: €900 for the P4 and €1400 for the P4P. At the moment I'm finishing an internship as a bonus I get €1700, that is money I can spend on technology so I can afford the P4P but I'm just not sure if it is worth the extra €500. Yes I know about the sensor size, more megapixels, increase in dynamic range and the side and back sensors.

To be honest, I want the P4P but I'm just looking for a reason to justify the cost, also when I'm doing something like this, I want to do it right. What I'm basically asking is is there someone who can give me a good comparison of stills and video and point out the difference. Watching YouTube videos isn't fair because of the heavy compression.

I hope you can help me with this decision, and that I'm not boring you with another 'help my make a decision topic'.

Regards,

Tim

Last edited:
I got the P4 the day after it came out. I picked up the P4P on Sunday. If you can afford it, go P4P. The point of these drones is to take photos and video. The Pro camera is simply worth the price difference - to me at least.

Spend how ever much money you are comfortable spending.

Reactions: Techcop50 and True
I don't understand the endless 'tell me if it's worth it' threads. Image (and audio, etc.) quality is so subjective that it's just about impossible for anyone else to make a dollar value judgment. There are countless examples of still images and video footage from all DJI products available online and the only thing one can do is look for themselves.

Simply put the camera on p4p is worth it. The range is the best out of them. Obstacle avoidance all the way around for those 3 reasons it is way worth it

Reactions: True
I'm doing a lot of flying this weekend coming up. I'll see if I can put up a comprehensive comparison for you.

Thank you all for your reply's. KMan; if you would do that, that would be awesome !

Reactions: Kman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers