Soon to be new owner

Reaction score
Hi

I've built a few quads and hexes in the past but left the hobby to pursue other ventures.

However I've now decided to take the plunge as I wanted a good video platform so have bought a P3P. Should turn up tomorrow I hope [emoji3].

Used a Naza M V2 before so pretty used to DJI functions but I feel I'll have a lot to learn with the DJI Go app.

Just wondered if there are any must have accessories or miss needed?

Cheers

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batteries are expensive! Lol. What kind of ND filters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd opt for nice tablet before I went with ND filters. Being able to easily see what you are filming can be important.

I'd recommend in this order:

Extra batteries
Extra batteries
Did I mention extra batteries?
3rd party camera/gimble lock
Nice tablet
3rd party 3 battery charger to charge those.... extra batteries
Perhaps a good car inverter to charge those... extra batteries while in the field

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi, I've got an iPad Mini 2 Retina to use for it already.

Ordering a gimbal lock/lens cap, carbon protection plate that goes between the legs and an ND filter of some description. I will get more batteries but will have to wait a while due to their price.

Well holy PITA batman!!

Got my P3P today. Taken me about 2 hours to get it running lol. Thought I had a DOA, turns out my iPad Mini needed a factory reset/software reload via itunes in order for the Go app to recognise it.

Before I figured that out, I updated the firmware to latest and controller. Just done a quick test flight and all seems good. Video quality is amazing.

Do these props benefit from balancing at all? I've done loads in the past, both hub and blade but I no longer have my balancer.

Fitted my carbon gimbal saver which although a little thin fitted really well. Same can't be said for the lens cover/gimbal clamp which doesn't fit at all :(

Hopefully a few vids to follow.

Reactions: TWP723
I think balancing the props made a big difference on my bird. Seems like it's not as loud as it used to be. But I'm old so...;) But other than that, I haven't noticed a performance difference...at all. May be the balancing helps the motors last a bit longer...not sure.

I don't think anyone mentioned extra batteries...they are recommended.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.