Sony RX100 FPV

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to hook the Sony RX100 up to the Fatshark FPV kit via the HMDI output? I believe a converter is needed but I have been unable to find any information pointing me in the right direction. Thanks!

I don't think the original RX100 will do live video out. It may be possible with the RX100 II. It would be easy to test. Try connecting an HDMI cable from the camera to your HD TV and see if you get live video.

A converter isn't needed and it definitely does do live video out. I did a lot of research on this and discovered that the RX100 sends out both HD and SD video + audio from that HDMI port so you just need to investigate the wiring there.

I never got to find out because the FPV unit I bought specifically for the RX100 was poorly made and not good value for money and so was sent back for a refund - see http://www.peter-evans-photographer.com/blog

I did a test with my RX100 (model 1) this evening. I connected it to the HD TV with a micro HDMI cable and it does indeed have live video out. This is not mentioned anywhere in the manual.

Thanks everyone for the replies. This has proven to be a lot more difficult than I had imagined! I will check out the cord options.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj