SONY QX100 20MP Zeiss Lens mounted on PV success !

Reaction score
I will post the photos soon.. This will give the phantom SLR quality still image capability ! I am thinking of 3D printing my design and making it available if there is enough interest.
My early prototype was using the Sony QX10.. The QX100 has a much better lens and manual shutter etc.

The Telemetry and FPV works as the FC200 DJI camera is still on the craft as a sighting camera and concurrent video (if required)

Attachments

• Sony QX100 MOD.jpg
    Sony QX100 MOD.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,806
This is great thinking and well done but my only problem would be with the qx100. Although its a 20mp camera it can only shoot in jpeg with no raw option available. If it did you could be onto something very nice. Well done.

You have two cameras on it how weight it is ? and how long can it fly? How do you control qx100?

yankaiming said:
You have two cameras on it how weight it is ? and how long can it fly? How do you control qx100?
The extra weight is 220 Grams. I control the QX100 With a small android phone running a time lapse app. This is mounted on the front of the Phantom. It takes a photo every 5 seconds.

The quality of the photos is excellent.. I am having some issues with the Phantom because I had a fly-away on my 3rd test flight.. The first two flights worked very well. I have been adjusting the Gains to make up for the extra payload.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1