Sometimes the stock p2 is better than all of them!

Reaction score
I own and fly every model & combination of antennas/fpv gear of phantoms, each fun and amazing for their own reasons. But sometimes i marvel at how simple,thrilling and most of all, reliable the stock p2 w/ immersion camera / tx can be!
I've been flying a cheap slap together e-bay p2 with fatshark cam,600 watt tx,iosd mini that i call "litebird" . In atti it can zoom out 2 miles and still have 80 percent bat. To play with for the rest of the long range journey!
Not having to worry that you'll loose youre gopro fancy rig or crash your p3 halfway back can make for some stress free yet heartpumping flying!!!
http://www.flytrex.com/mike30/

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440521192.667328.jpg

Reactions: 750r
Yep you are right I have a P2with a gopro2 with a very lite holder and a P2V that I smacked a tree and broke the camera and replaced it with a Ready Made kit. Both fly great.2 crashes due to Pilot error.They are getting hard to find used

I own and fly every model & combination of antennas/fpv gear of phantoms, each fun and amazing for their own reasons. But sometimes i marvel at how simple,thrilling and most of all, reliable the stock p2 w/ immersion camera / tx can be!
I've been flying a cheap slap together e-bay p2 with fatshark cam,600 watt tx,iosd mini that i call "litebird" . In atti it can zoom out 2 miles and still have 80 percent bat. To play with for the rest of the long range journey!
Not having to worry that you'll loose youre gopro fancy rig or crash your p3 halfway back can make for some stress free yet heartpumping flying!!!
http://www.flytrex.com/mike30/

What 600 watt tx is it? Which Fatshark goggle are you using? What antennas do you have? Do you still FPV that far out?

Stock p2 controller antenna placed horizontal to my right,600 immersion,black pearl monitor with flysight panel ant on one side flysight rx mushroom on other,(please share if someones got a deadly combination)! Fpv all the way, helps to use fatshark spironet on tx w/ extension to get it below legs (check pic in post)gets a little snowy but ends with control rth kick in!
Wind means everything and atti mode til 2 miles there and as soon as you gain control on the way back. Goodtimes

Gotcha. I thought you were playing around seeing if you could lift something. I didn't realize that was your RX FPV antenna hanging there. I guess you purchased about a foot of coax to get it way down there. All my antennas came with my KumbaCam rig which included a 600 watt transmitter (looks a whole lot like the emmersion), a black pearl monitor with spironet antennas all on both the transmitter & black pearl.

My son was flying the bird last weekend and he was starting to lose video at about a quarter of a mile away but he may have had some trees blocking the line of site.

If you flew with the wind going out it must of struggled against the wind coming back. You said you let the auto return to home get you home. I was thinking of that but don't you take the chance that the battery could get to low to get you all the way home?

I try to fly with the wind coming at me so on the way back the wind is pushing me home and I try to fly in atti as much as possible there and back. When RTH kicks in, I just wait to regain control and then fly back in Attie.I try to follow down a road a long straight road less trees and easier to keep a straight line

My son and I were flying my P2 last weekend and were testing the RTH feature. I only fly in GPS. I am not ready to take on the challenges of flying ATI mode yet. But I was wondering when your turn your transmitter back on, how long does it take to regain control. We weren't sure if you could even regain control. The RTH though is amazing. We tested it a couple times at different altitudes and it came back an landed within 10 feet of where it took off. Incidentally, is home where you launch it from, where you first power up the Phantom, or where you first start the motors?

When you power up the battery and lock 6 satelites the rear l.e.d lights blink green rapidly indicating homepoint is recorded. I always watch for it before doing anything! When you fly in gps an switch to atti you still hover same altitude, may drift to the side or which way wind is blowing. When you flip switc back up to gps it is instantly locked

My son and I were flying my P2 last weekend and were testing the RTH feature. I only fly in GPS. I am not ready to take on the challenges of flying ATI mode yet. But I was wondering when your turn your transmitter back on, how long does it take to regain control. We weren't sure if you could even regain control. The RTH though is amazing. We tested it a couple times at different altitudes and it came back an landed within 10 feet of where it took off. Incidentally, is home where you launch it from, where you first power up the Phantom, or where you first start the motors?

It should be noted that if you are in Phantom mode in the P2 software there is no ATTI in the center position of switch S1. If you switch from Phantom to Naza-M mode in the P2 software you will then have ATTI on S1. Watch the following video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav