Something to add to the lately drop from the sky PVs...

Reaction score
OK... I might know what the problem is...

Two days ago I tried to fly my pv... Day was too windy, I landed safely and went home... When I returned home having a full charge I wanted to do a "engine vibration test" reason for this is that I have a set of T-motors ready to install and would like to know if they are indeed smoother than stock when I install them...

So to do this test I took off the props and ran the motors at different speeds... But something strange happened twice... Motor number four (battery facing you motor on your right) when testing made a loud rattle noise slowed down and powered up again... This happened twice... I tried to make a video after the second rattle but the incident did not repeat itself...

Next day I made a full successfull flight no issues to report...

Could this be the issue you guys are talking about?

JC

Maybe... How do you check it? All the motors spin freely even after the motor made the noise...

well, I guess that the motor without the prop can run without much problems even without C clip
because of the strong magnetic field that will keep the motor in place

but when the prop is pulling, thats a different story ... maybe the motor get partially pulled out causing all the vibration

Grab the prop and see if you can pull the motor apart. Its one of the checks I do every time I have a prop strike.

I had a prop strike on my second flight, and I can pull one of my motors out, but I've since tested with some brief hops. Should I stop flying until I have a replacement motor?

Your e-clip might be laying in the bottom of that motor housing. The problem is that it could get up in the magnets in the motor and seize it up. Break you shell and look under your motor it is probably still under the motor. Just remember to put your top shell back on the same direction you take it off the GPS needs to be pointed forward.

Does the C-clips get dislodged mainly due to crashes or has it ever get loose from factory?

That could be another question to check on, in case of PV fall-offs:
- Have you crashed it before and how bad/how many times?

I would say any prop strike could dialog a e-clip. It should be checked asap. Besides that it is a ease preflight check to make sure your a/c is ready to go. It has happen to me twice from hitting some bushes, which it fell to the ground both times. When I tried to take off again that motor would not turn. I am sure it could in the air also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers