Some raw video at my parents house

Nice video and nice place to fly.

Just outside Milwaukee. You're right about the light helping out the cam, can hurt it a little though when you're flying into it. If you haven't yet, you might want to pick up a Dubro balancer. Mine got to wobbling pretty bad after a few crashes. I picked up a balancer and 3 were off--2 way off, and it made a big difference.

And yet with all that the OP is having a great time and plenty of people are enjoying watching it too. Aerial views of your neighbourhood out of the box. It's not for TV or cinema, or to advertise an aerial photography business - it's just a whole metric poop-tonne of fun.

I know you've only been here 6 days (this time round) but that dead horse of yours is all flogged out now. Let it rest in peace.

One of the things I enjoy watching in other people's videos is the insight it gives into the geography and styles of urbanisation of other lands. Quality of footage or editing is not really relevant in this case, in fact in some ways it is nice to see the raw footage. I have noticed the high air quality in a lot of the shots of semi-suburban USA. That and a lot of places seem flatter than you would normally see in the UK.

Oh, and the houses and the land around them seem more spacious (but I know the grass is never greener !)

Keep 'em coming :)

spanktimonious said:
Blown out highlights, herky jerky, overly sharpened, and lots of wobbles and jello.

Yup, that's classic "flying around the neighborhood" Vision footage.

RIght. Direct to Foe list...

iResq said:
spanktimonious said:
Blown out highlights, herky jerky, overly sharpened, and lots of wobbles and jello.

No one likes a clown.
:) indeed

spanktimonious said:
You're conflating the facts regarding the video quality with the fun that he is having.

Those are two separate topics.

Did the OP ask for his video to be critiqued? If you can't say something nice, STFU.

iResq said:
spanktimonious said:

No one likes a clown.

+1

Shrimpfarmer said:
iResq said:
spanktimonious said:

No one likes a clown.

+1

I have not had to add anyone to the foe list for ages. It gives me great pleasure to be able to stick the clown twat on my list :)

Shrimpfarmer said:
I have not had to add anyone to the foe list for ages. It gives me great pleasure to be able to stick the clown twat on my list :)

The Foe List... Such a polite way to say STFU, already !!! :cool: ;)

spanktimonious said:
You're conflating the facts regarding the video quality with the fun that he is having.

Those are two separate topics.

Had it been someone else, Pete, I may have jumped to defend your right to give technical assessment, even if it was unsolicited and delivered in a way that evidences poor social skills. However we've been through it before, haven't we?

This time let's see if Spanktimonious can learn from his predecessors, eh Pete? I'm not going to put him on my foe list just yet, I'm sure you'd rather he stick around this time. Just have a read of your posts before you press the button and think how it looks to someone who can't see or hear your delivery. We don't want to end up with the whole mountain biking forums thing again, do we Pete?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31