some quick help needed (for a good cause)

Reaction score
A friend of mine is a Cub Scout leader and asked me to bring my quad to show is troop and fly it around and all that. I want them to get the full experience of FPV that i get but logistically letting them each use the goggles is a problem. Also i would like to get a monitor in the near future but thats not going to work for this use either. So my question is what reciever would work well with my FatShark Predator set up (5.8)? I know there are 2 basic "flavors" but i dont remember which one i need and which one i need to stay away from. The sooner the better because i need to get this ordered because im supposed to fly for them next week.

My thought is to throw the reciever on a 55" LED TV and that way all the little kiddos can see plenty well. Ill just set the TV up on the bed of my truck so its high enough they can all see. At least that is my plan....

I THINK the 2 "flavors" you're referring to are the 2 different "families" or sets of 5.8Ghz frequencies... on one side is FarShark/ImmersionRC and the other side is Boscam/Flysight/Foxtech.

If you're currently using Fatshark goggles then you're in the former category, all you need is any receiver that is compatible with those frequencies or ALL frequencies. I'm not saying to get this particular item, but any 32 channel 5.8ghz receiver like this one... you would use the included A/V cable and you could then take the video signal (assuming your TV has a RCA-video IN) in to your TV or any device with RCA Video input. don't forget you're also going to have to power the receiver somehow so you'll need a little DC adapter

make sense? search around for any 5.8ghz fpv receiver and look at the 32ch ones... those supposedly support both sets of frequencies

Thank you sir....You got exactly what i was saying and answered my question perfectly. I have a email in to FatShark tech support asking them about the video out resolution of the goggles which may make this thread useless to me. But i thought about that after i wrote all this LOL. I will let you guys know how it works out. I think it will be neat to see my FPV set up and fly on a 55" TV. LOL

chuddly said:
I think it will be neat to see my FPV set up and fly on a 55" TV. LOL

I was thinking that myself actually... getting power from the truck and then just taking a video feed in from the receiver... of course you'll need a good antenna / placement probably not just the stock "bar" antenna that comes with those receivers.

I wouldn't worry too much about the resolution even if it looks squished or whatever it'll still get the point across. In my setup, the resolution of the broadcast changes when I change my gopro... for example 1080 looks pretty good on my Boscam LCD5802 display, but when I run in 1440 or 2.7k it looks a little squished. not bad just different.
You may find than an older television or display works better like my 22" Dell LCD display has VGA, DVI, and a RCA video input... may be easier than hauling around a big *** 55" if it's like... a "nice" TV you're worried about (or it doesn't have RCA-in)

It's not a really nice one.....just one that's in a spare room. I only paid like $500 for it. My question I sent to fat shark (you may know) is the goggle show in 640x480 (or something like that). So if I use the video out port from the goggles does it come out at that? Or does it come out full size that the FPV TX transmits at? And what does the TX broadcast in?????

I looked for documentation on that...but all I could find was that is the display size. If that is true that's going to suck....on a 55" tv it's gonna be giant fuzzy blocks

Only the Lightbridge or other pro-level (i.e. expensive) HD transmitters. Low-res (SD) vid requires less bandwidth and is more efficient (and cost-effective) to broadcast, so that's why it's been the standard since before FPV came along.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31