some problems

Reaction score
Just got a phantom 1. First it has an extra cable leading down to the landing gear that doesn't seem to have a place to plug in. Anyone know what this is for? On the other side, the landing gear has a place to plug in the five hole cable.

I do all the procedures before take off, but no matter how firmly I push the throttle forward, the phantom never takes off, it just flips over violently. This has already resulted in 2 broken prop guards and scraped propellers. I thought I might have the propellers on wrong. Two of the propellers have black tops and two have silver tops. The black topped ones only screw on opposite each other and the silver topped ones only screw on opposite each other. They can't be interchanged so I figured this was some kind of fool proof system DJI devised. So why won't the phantom lift off rather than flipping over?

Just got a phantom 1. First it has an extra cable leading down to the landing gear that doesn't seem to have a place to plug in. Anyone know what this is for? On the other side, the landing gear has a place to plug in the five hole cable.

I do all the procedures before take off, but no matter how firmly I push the throttle forward, the phantom never takes off, it just flips over violently. This has already resulted in 2 broken prop guards and scraped propellers. I thought I might have the propellers on wrong. Two of the propellers have black tops and two have silver tops. The black topped ones only screw on opposite each other and the silver topped ones only screw on opposite each other. They can't be interchanged so I figured this was some kind of fool proof system DJI devised. So why won't the phantom lift off rather than flipping over?
That may be the compass wire. Can you post a picture so we can see which wire ? Mine did that a couple of times when I was near metal at the takeoff point, and it just flipped over. Are you trying to take of on a concrete slab or drive way-- give some details.

That may be the compass wire. Can you post a picture so we can see which wire ? Mine did that a couple of times when I was near metal at the takeoff point, and it just flipped over. Are you trying to take of on a concrete slab or drive way-- give some details.
Thanks for your reply. There was another cable which I believe is the compass wire. I plugged that into a slot on the landing gear. This is a completely other cable on the other side which doesn't appear to have any place to go. Actually I tried concrete to take off from but when it flipped over there it broke a prop guard. Lately I have been trying to take off from softer grass. It still flips over even when I give full throttle. I will post a pic soon.

Thanks for your reply. There was another cable which I believe is the compass wire. I plugged that into a slot on the landing gear. This is a completely other cable on the other side which doesn't appear to have any place to go. Actually I tried concrete to take off from but when it flipped over there it broke a prop guard. Lately I have been trying to take off from softer grass. It still flips over even when I give full throttle. I will post a pic soon.
The way I resolved my flipping over issue was to go to a completely different location, do a compass calibration and everything worked fine.
you have to give it full throttle to take off. flat out
That was the case with the Phantom 1 and 2, but, the motors on the P# have more power and you actually don't have to give it full power-- mine lifts off nicely at 1/2 throttle with not issues.

Welcome to the forum .
Is this a new P1 ?
The one wire you are talking about is a accessory wire gimbal or transmitter power .
Try to just give little throttle let the motors catch up then go full throttle .

Welcome to the forum .
Is this a new P1 ?
The one wire you are talking about is a accessory wire gimbal or transmitter power .
Try to just give little throttle let the motors catch up then go full throttle .

Yes it is a new P1. thanks. I was hoping it was an accessory wire and not something crucial which I hadn't plugged in. Thanks, I'll try your suggestion to give a little throttle at first then open it up full.

The way I resolved my flipping over issue was to go to a completely different location, do a compass calibration and everything worked fine.

That was the case with the Phantom 1 and 2, but, the motors on the P# have more power and you actually don't have to give it full power-- mine lifts off nicely at 1/2 throttle with not issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik