Some noob questions - can't find an answer

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I own a Phantom 2 and want to add the GS to it. I have been reading most of the posts in this forum and searching in Google but still have some questions which I am hoping someone will please answer...

This is my current setup: Phantom 2 + H33D + miniIOSD + Fatshark

Question 1: Can i connect the GS module that goes on the Phantom to the spare miniOSD port on the side? or will I need the canbus hub?

Question 2: I don't own an ipad, just a windows laptop... so, I understand that I won't be needing the Bluetooth module... but how can I transfer the data from the PC to the phantom? do I just connect it with a microUSB cable the same way I update the firmware?

Question 3: Can I use the Blutooth module to connect via bluetooth to a bluetooth4-enabled pc? :ugeek:

Also,

Question 4: Check out these setups:

1- $119 - "DJI iOS Ground Station + 2.4Ghz Bluetooth Data Link + 50 Waypoints for WKM: Fly your Multicopter with an iPAD now"
http://1uas.com/DJI-IOS-Ground-Station- ... 0Bluetooth

2- $229 DJI iOS Ground Station for iPAD + Mini iOSD + CAN bus Hub + 2.4Ghz Bluetooth Data Link + 16 Waypoints for NAZA-M
1uas.com/DJI-IOS-Ground-Station-For-IPAD-Mini-IOSD-CAN-Bus-Hub-2-4Ghz-Bluetooth-Data-Link-16-Waypoints-For-NAZA-M?search=2.4GHZ Bluetooth

On Amazon just the GS costs around $200... will any of those 2 work? am I missing out on something?

Thank you so much for your help guys!!! I really appreciate it

:mrgreen:

1. Yes, and the Can Hub is not necessary.

2. The Grounstation hardware includes a ground transmitter and receiver for the aircraft, which is how your device (PC or iPad) sends the missions to the Phantom.

3. I doubt it (haven't seen anybody do it), but it might be possible.

4. Jump on deal #1 immediately. 1uas does some wacky things with their prices on some things like that occasionally and you can get amazing deals if you spot them at the right time. I don't need a GS now but if I did that's where I'd get it right now! You might want to hurry before they sell out, and yes the gear in that package will work with your PC too...you'll just need the right software which can now be downloaded directly from DJI's site anyway.

OI Photography said:
1. Yes, and the Can Hub is not necessary.

2. The Grounstation hardware includes a ground transmitter and receiver for the aircraft, which is how your device (PC or iPad) sends the missions to the Phantom.

3. I doubt it (haven't seen anybody do it), but it might be possible.

4. Jump on deal #1 immediately. 1uas does some wacky things with their prices on some things like that occasionally and you can get amazing deals if you spot them at the right time. I don't need a GS now but if I did that's where I'd get it right now! You might want to hurry before they sell out, and yes the gear in that package will work with your PC too...you'll just need the right software which can now be downloaded directly from DJI's site anyway.

Thanks so much for your quick reply my friend!!! I just bought option #1... its so cheap. Everywhere else is at least $200. :mrgreen: I am so happy!

beware of windows GS. it doesn't show the remaining battery.
i think it might still show warning if the battery is low. please check this.

zenith said:
beware of windows GS. it doesn't show the remaining battery.
i think it might still show warning if the battery is low. please check this.

Thanks for the warning mate! I will also have my fatshark (and thru the iOSD) I should be able to check the battery level :mrgreen:

you were SOOOO RIGHT bro! Its back at $199 now... the $119 price lasted only a few hours. Even the link is now dead. I am so glad I got it.

It is now under this link:

http://1uas.com/2-4Ghz-Bluetooth-Data-L ... %20Station

We should check 1uas constantly... maybe they will have the lightbridge for like $200 some day lol :lol:

imprimatur said:
We should check 1uas constantly... maybe they will have the lightbridge for like $200 some day lol :lol:

Actually I do check them very regularly, both for pricing like that as well as the fact they're often the first dealer to pre-post listings/pics for upcoming (and sometimes unannounced) DJI equipment. And yet somehow I'd missed that crazy price you found until you pointed it out :D

Back in Dec I was looking to buy a Wookong-M and they had it for sale at the same price as every other dealer ($999), but they also (for a few days anyway) had a package listed that included the Wookong as well as the iOSD mkII and the full Groundstation...for $999. Guess which option I chose :cool:

Like with your deal, the one I bought was pulled from the site very shortly after I placed my order, and I was afraid that they were going to cancel it and tell me the price was an error, but they sent everything immediately with no hassle at all.

OI Photography said:
imprimatur said:
Like with your deal, the one I bought was pulled from the site very shortly after I placed my order, and I was afraid that they were going to cancel it and tell me the price was an error, but they sent everything immediately with no hassle at all.

LOL that exact same thing also passed thru my mind!!! But a few hours ago they sent me the tracking number :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31