Some new features on Phantom 1.1.1

Reaction score
My new Phantom 1.1.1 arrived today and I noticed a few things worth mentioning. The controller light is green and beeps three times when turned on, the throttle stick clicks into position when held down all the way and the green light inside the shell stays lit after binding.

Flys perfectly so far, except a minor J-hook due to magnetic declination. After a minute or so the J-hook disappears as it does with my FC40.

I just ordered another Phanton 1 1.1.1 from BH Photo.. Should have it tomorrow. What green light in shell? Can you explain J hook?

The green light inside the shell battery compartment indicates that the transmitter and receiver have been binded together. it used to go out after successfully binding to a new transmitter, now it stays on. Your transmitter will already be binded (or bound) to your Phantom out of the box, but if you wanted to use another transmitter in the future there is a very simple procedure to bind them together. Much like setting up a new remote garage door opener or wireless mouse.

Magnetic declination and J hook was a huge problem for many with a P2 or Vision but the problem seems to have been solved with software updates. Not sure, but I don't think the P1 or FC40 software has been updated to fix MD or jhook. Depending on where you live you may not evern notice it. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10317
http://www.magnetic-declination.com/
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9264
http://www.ianwood.com/docs/dji-phantom ... nation.pdf

Thanks. My P1 flies straight. No problems. Where did you get your new one. I got mine from BH for $379. Someone had posted the price. I was lucky to see it and ordered it right away. Six hours later, it was back to $479. I lucked out.

You're also lucky to live where the magnetic declination is very low. I got the same deal, waited for months for that one day deal to show up. :D

if the light is green isn't it a 5.8GHz controller? The 2.4 ones have a red light. What does it say on the back?

never mind, it's the new controller of course. But I heard that a lot of P1's are sold with 5.8 lately.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub