Some more manual mode FPV and flips

Hellishly fast :ugeek:

Do you have the perfect FPV video links entirety flight? What do you use the antenna to the Phantom (FPV Tx), and what the FPV receiver?

I still have the problem, that when turning the aircraft and FPV antenna its cover with the camera mount, image of me missing out ...

With the DJI AVL5.8 setup and DJI cloverleaf antennas it does very well, my video outdoes the radio. There is the odd glitch when turning into me and first flight here I lost video at about 100m so changed channels and it was fine at 700m away with a few trees in line. The radio was glitching quite a bit though so I am going Futaba shopping this week. I dont mind the radio dropping out too much as I still have a good video link at those times, if I ever get any glitch on the video screen it is bound to hit failsafe on the radio. This particular flight was a near perfect video link just with the odd bit of noise every so often.

Here is a aerial of the site I flew here, the line shows where I was on the top left and bottom right is the furthest I flew though not so far on this flite.

hq0i.jpg

I did fly a full lap in fairly low altitude around the track on an earlier flight with my 3d setup which I will post later its exactly 2km around the track but a bit risky on the stock radio. The funny thing is the video was fine all the way around but the radio glitched but not at the furthest points where a few trees were in LOS at over 700m away but at the top right corner of the track only about 320m away from me with what should have been direct line of site.
Its quite possible that the phantom was actually behind me so the signal was going through me and once I turned towards it I was fine.

I am really quite impressed with the DJI 5.8 setup and it does much better then I thought a 5.8 video link could do in terms of range and through some obstructions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20