Some help please, trying to revive a P2 vision + REVIVED!!

Well I never flew in manual mode but i switched the RC to manual while the AC was idling with props running and RC sticks released and the props immediately sped up. So I assumed manual mode was like the toy drones where you start with the left stick full down. Since the left stick was neutral (half way from bottom) it seemed to me locking it down would be the correct way to start off in Manual mode.

It's nothing to do with Manual mode.

The P2 f/w originally allowed it to descend so fast it would enter what is known as "Vortex Ring State" or VRS (Google it!). Descending into the rotor's downwash would cause a run-away descent resulting in many a P2 to crash.

This rapid descent was corrected in a f/w update as well as newer production controllers having the locking left stick because descent was so much slower folks complained of holding the stick down.

In later models DJI would add other improvements to reduce VRS such as tilting the rotors inward (when viewed from above) creating better downwash dissipation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3rdof5
It's nothing to do with Manual mode.

The P2 f/w originally allowed it to descend so fast it would enter what is known as "Vortex Ring State" or VRS (Google it!). Descending into the rotor's downwash would cause a run-away descent resulting in many a P2 to crash.

This rapid descent was corrected in a f/w update as well as newer production controllers having the locking left stick because descent was so much slower folks complained of holding the stick down.

In later models DJI would add other improvements to reduce VRS such as tilting the rotors inward creating better downwash dissipation.
Ahhh ok. That's good to know. Now you make me wanna try manual mode lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues