Some help, I crashed my drone

Reaction score
Rocky mistake, taking off from a bench with some tail wind and my P3A flipped upside down. I turned the motors off pretty quick, but there was a warning on the screen saying that one motor was obstructed (obviously it was upside down against the grass). Upon examination it was very hot and inside it seems like burned (see pics one from a normal motor as reference and the other of the motor in question). The bird works just fine, I tested after I checked everything was ok, but just want your opinion on this burned out inside the motor. Can I clean it and if so with what? I tightened the screws under the motor a bit because they got somehow loose.

Thanks for any suggestion/advise.
*sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. It is my first post, so please feel free to suggest how to do it in the future (I hope I don't keep crashing the drone of course).
406d03c73cb3c093e950d77b7b968d4e.jpg
adb169de8b8c666a03d7a3844bae9e7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I would replace that motor. Either way, you might want to open your shell and make sure the area below the motor is not deformed. It could have melted due to the heat from the motor. If it's damaged, you should replace the shell too.

Reactions: The One
Rocky mistake, taking off from a bench with some tail wind and my P3A flipped upside down. I turned the motors off pretty quick, but there was a warning on the screen saying that one motor was obstructed (obviously it was upside down against the grass). Upon examination it was very hot and inside it seems like burned (see pics one from a normal motor as reference and the other of the motor in question). The bird works just fine, I tested after I checked everything was ok, but just want your opinion on this burned out inside the motor. Can I clean it and if so with what? I tightened the screws under the motor a bit because they got somehow loose.

Thanks for any suggestion/advise.
*sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. It is my first post, so please feel free to suggest how to do it in the future (I hope I don't keep crashing the drone of course).
406d03c73cb3c093e950d77b7b968d4e.jpg
adb169de8b8c666a03d7a3844bae9e7d.jpg

I by all means would not risk flying your bird. That motor must be replaced.

If you can solder, you should be able to handle it. Here's a video showing how it's done:

These are low voltage motors and can still work with toasted insulation. But as they are not expensive, you can replace easily. Get the right motor. When you take out the motor, you can see if the shell is ok. Changing shell is little difficult task.

So, I got the motor from Amazon and soldering kit. I thought I could use an Allen key to open the drone, but it seems like I need tiny screwdrivers. Any suggestions?
I saw this one, but I would like to be sure if I can use it with the drone without messing with the compass. It is magnetized.
Boxer - Boxer 30 Pcs 4mm Precision Screwdriver Set - PK30 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FGQ1G6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_9.f8xbVEWNXBS

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj