Some FPV trouble shooting help please

Reaction score
Good evening, So let me start with my set up, I have a phantom 2 with a h3-3d gimbal and a gopro hero 4 black and a gopro hero 3 black (yes i have 2 not mounted at the same time but for the testing this helps to know) a immersion 600w transmitter, a 7 channel black pearl. ok now here is the problem that I am running into. I was testing range on my immersion 600 to my black pearl and getting some distortion so i changed the transmit and receiving channel on my set up now i can't get video from the TX to the BP, I am getting signal as the screen goes from fuzzy to black when they are both turned on and connected. so the immersion is connecting to the BP i can't seem to get any video from the go pro to the immersion all of my connections are soldered and stable I can't figure out why it would just go out. I tried completely reinstalling everything and still can't get it to work. any ideas would be great. this set up did work for a week now that i have had it. just stopped working today.

I should also say that the go pro is turned on, when turned off it gets the red charging light so it is getting power from the drone

I have the same setup but with a 32 channel and mine did the same thing today. I have no clue.

Travel_adam said:
Good evening, So let me start with my set up, I have a phantom 2 with a h3-3d gimbal and a gopro hero 4 black and a gopro hero 3 black (yes i have 2 not mounted at the same time but for the testing this helps to know) a immersion 600w transmitter, a 7 channel black pearl. ok now here is the problem that I am running into. I was testing range on my immersion 600 to my black pearl and getting some distortion so i changed the transmit and receiving channel on my set up now i can't get video from the TX to the BP, I am getting signal as the screen goes from fuzzy to black when they are both turned on and connected. so the immersion is connecting to the BP i can't seem to get any video from the go pro to the immersion all of my connections are soldered and stable I can't figure out why it would just go out. I tried completely reinstalling everything and still can't get it to work. any ideas would be great. this set up did work for a week now that i have had it. just stopped working today.
Do you have an iOSD?

no no IOSD, but I believe I found the problem, the cable that goes from the Zenmuse to the usb adaptor had a hair line tear in the bottom two pins, I ordered a new one when it gets in lets see if that fixes the problem, had to happen when I was downloading video from the earlier flight. Does anyone have the pin out of that very badly designed cable?

So figured out the solution, it was a bad ribbon cable going from the zenmuse to the gopro. received a new one and up and flying again today.

Travel_adam said:
So figured out the solution, it was a bad ribbon cable going from the zenmuse to the gopro. received a new one and up and flying again today.
How did u discover what cable it was? Was there visible damage or did you just guess? I'm going on a week now with the same problem.

I tossed the old part, It was barely visible, I was flying and tapped a tree the day i figured it out and crashed, when i was cleaning and looking things over i noticed that it did not look correct so investigated a bit more and found that it had a slight tear in it. I could also see the cables breaking inside the ribbon and not being able to see it at all. I fixed it by grabbing the extra that came with the zenmuse and installed it to have it working at 100% it seems that this is a common issue in a design flaw on this as they sell the cable for $4 so i ordered about 8 more just so i don't run across the issue again.

It was broken on the go pro attachment side, right where it goes into the plug the bottom two wires are video so if they don't look good try to replace it and see if that works for you.

Thanks Adam. Gonna try to swap mine around see if I get lucky. Don't see any damage but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. If that doesn't work I'm taking it in to get worked on. I know it's one minor detail and I'm done letting that stop me from FPV.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31