Some design ideas for future releases

Reaction score
While I am having a lot of fun with my F3S, I would like to see more improvements in the future releases. I hope DJI can hear discussions like this to incorporate ideas into their future models.

First of all, Why cannot the design be more module-oriented? A remote control should be self-contained. It should work for different versions of the drones offered. Once I invested in a remote control, I should not have to buy a new RC when a new model is released. The same concept works for gimbal, camera, etc.

Gimbal and camera should be detachable. I should be able to use the gimbal/camera off the drone. I don't really want buy a separate video camera for handheld use.

There should be various options for camera and drone. Photographers who want a high-end camera may not care too much about flying long distance. People who wants to fly long distance may not care much about camera at all.

With the modular design, one can choose only to upgrade one component, not the entire system. This will certainly help us to cut cost. It actually helps DJI as well for retaining customers. Once a customer has invested in the DJI system, it will cost him/her more to switch to another system.

The drone design should be much more portable. It should be collapsed into something small enough that can be put into a normal backpack. It should be small enough to carry it to a hiking trip.

New Features that I would like to see:
- ability to detect obstacles to avoid crash.
- non-fly zone is a configuration option that can be turned on or off.
- longer battery life.
- user configurable flying programs.

What would you like to have in the future releases? Please share your ideas here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say give it time. Just a few years ago, drones were basically just kits aimed at the RC hobbyist. Now they're All-In-One units.
I'm happy with what DJI is putting out (the proprietary equipment). At least I know it's going to work right out the box.

For future releases, I'd like to see collision detection. (It is coming soon: DJI's experimental drone will help prevent collisions)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl