Some advice on this

Reaction score
Ok guys, just posting to see if any one can help me here. I have been flying with my phantom 1.1.1 with dual battery mounts, using 2 4000 mah multistar batteries i am getting about 16 min of flying time. Has anyone every changed the idle speed or yaw, in Naza the settings that you can adjust for these paramaters.to try and get a little more time out of the batteries, i dont fully understand the settings to adjust them, they are still set at factory or default settings.

Those are the P I D settings.
There would be no point adjusting them to gain flight time.
The amount of time gained would be negligible and turning them down far enough to make a difference would hobble the Phantom control wise.

If anything,with the extra weight of 2 4000mAh batteries you would be better off turning them up a little to compensate for the loss of performance the extra weight brings.

Directly relating to the aircraft there are only two things that increase flight times,more battery capacity and less weight.It's a cruel equation that hits the wall of deminishing returns,that's about where you're at now.
At this point if you want to fly longer,fly smoother.Hold back from full stick commands and no sudden moves or acrobatics.

Thanks for the info PTCX, i was not going to change them, it was just a curiosity thing. Your right either get bigger batteries or refraim from using full throtle or doing crazy aerobatics.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr