[solved] Strange (and dangerous) behaviour of a RC

Reaction score
I own a 2nd RC which i had with a crashed P3s, i was able to use it many times without any sort of problem, i just linked it and flied without problems, just as the other RC.
Yesterday i did the pairing procedure, it wents fine (green lights, DJI GO connected, home point recorded message, camera signal visible on the smartphone) but as i crossed down the sticks nothing happened, engines didn't start. Tried both internal and external sticks down but nothing.

I tried to take off using the option on the app and the birds this time started and went in hovering as usual, but as i tried to command the behaviour gets crazy! I tried to go left and the bird went right and stuff like this. I suddendly took the drone with my hands and turned everything off.
Tried to pair again many times, the procedure always succeded but nothing, the engines didn' start with the sticks down-center.

Pairing the other RC everything works fine...

What should be happened? Is there a way to update/change firmware to the RC?
I was thinking to mount high gain antennas on this one keeping the other original...

Thanks in advance!

Try calibrating the remote controller in DJI GO -- like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also, check that you have the correct stick mode selected in the "Remote Controller Settings" --> "Stick Mode" section of DJI GO. Most people are using "Mode 2".

I did it! Calibration is ok (when i go left the app shows left and so on) tried changing mode 1,2,3 and back to 2 but nothing...

Tried to link both via app and via switches; tried also to calibrate IMU and compass, but the problem still remain...

What did you do with the remote controller between the time it last worked properly and when the controls seemed to be reversed? Did you by chance open it up and start tinkering around inside?

What did you do with the remote controller between the time it last worked properly and when the controls seemed to be reversed? Did you by chance open it up and start tinkering around inside?
Nothing! It's still sealed...
I cannot understand what should be happened... Is there a way to change rc firmware?

Inviato dal mio SM-N910F utilizzando Tapatalk

Is there a way to change rc firmware?
You can upgrade the firmware if DJI GO shows there is an update available. Or, you could try downgrading the firmware like this. However, since you made no firmware related changes since it was last working, I'm assuming the issue is hardware related.

Is there a hard reset procedure, A jumper to move inside the remote or something like this?

Read of a similar issue on another forum, it seem a firmware related issue, I will try to update or downgrade and back...

I keep reading this, but I'm lost, Do you have two remotes?
One works correctly and one doesn't?

Rod

Just a suggestion, knowing that you're still having issues with the old remote, don't go out and fly any real flights with it until you've rectified the problem. Test it using the DJI Go flight simulator or at the least, attempt to control the aircraft with the propellers off.

Just a suggestion, knowing that you're still having issues with the old remote, don't go out and fly any real flights with it until you've rectified the problem. Test it using the DJI Go flight simulator or at the least, attempt to control the aircraft with the propellers off.
Sure, I won't use it until I am able to switch the engines on!

Yesterday I made a firmware update with the drone linked through the defective rc, the update succeeded but it didn't solve the issue... I haven't tried the simulator but since the calibration on the app works I suppose the simulator works as well... I will try.

As i realized the issue was present on the simulator too i focused the issue had to be in the calibration...
Make a calibration was the first suggestion i received, but i wasn't doing it properly... I did the calibration and solved the issue! Sorry for the waste of time!
This was how the remote was responding
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

how could it be happened?

Hey man, something else is wrong, its private.;)

So are you going to tell us how you can make a mistake on calibrating a remote control, if its not in the video?

Rod

Yeah, it plays now, but by the time the popcorn was done the show was over, good thing it was free admission.

So, what was you doing wrong, I have never tried the simulator, should be on my bucket list.

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31