SOLVED: P3S constant Beeping

Reaction score
This AM I flew several Litchi missions as well as fpv using the DJI-Go app. No problems at all. I went home and made a few new missions and headed back out to the country. When I got there I turned on myequippment and after a long period of "IMU preheating" I was certain something was wrong. I shutdown the drone and restarted it. This time instead of the usual startup sounds I get a constant beep (one per second). No LEDs are on (except the little led above the gimbal which was flashing re-green). I tried restarting and got the same results. So... no flying and off I go back home.

At home I tried everything. The controller seemed to connect (LED turned green) and the app would say something like "Ready to fly". The drone did not respond to input. It just kept beeping. At one point the beeping turned into an alarm with only slight noticeable breaks in the tone. It then reverted back to that annoying beeping.

I reformatted the SD card and copied the *.bin file of the latest P3S FW onto it. I was grasping at straws at this point as my P3S already was on the latest FW and I have already flown it several times since the last update. Turning on the drone after this seemed to make no difference. It just kept beeping.

After several more attempts I finally just set the drone in my garage and let it beep. After 20 minutes, with the drone still beeping like crazy, I decided to turn on my remote and the app. Much to my surprise I get the "Updating..." message. Updating what? Same drone, same controller, same batteries. I know for a fact that previous update to v1.8.n was successful. So now I am worried. Its a 20 minute drive out to my new favorite place to fly and hate the idea of having this happen again. What could have caused this? It seemed that it tried to update when I was in the field but the SD did not contain FW at that point. Any comments?

About a week ago I decided to downgrade to V1.7.n FW using one of my SD card which contained the .bin file. After a few days I came to the conclusion that the downgrade did nothing to improve range issues I have been having so I upgraded back to V1.8.n Today, after flying this morning, I removed an SD card from the camera and replaced it with what I believe was the SD that contained v1.7.n When I got in the field and turned on the drone it must have been trying to downgrade again. stupid me... Is my face red.

ncX8z8gdi.jpeg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj