[SOLVED] P3P no connecting to app via Androif Kitkat 4.4 (was fine)

Reaction score
I know this has come up before but after checking various threads this seems to be a new issue.

Yes USB debugging is turned on via developer options in settings.

I've had my P3 Pro for a while now working fine. I had put it away for around 4 months. I pulled out my android tablet and P3 pro tonight to do all the updates ready for a fly tomorrow.

The p3 controller now will no longer connect to the Android Kitkat 4.4 DJI GO app.

I have investigated and it appears Kitkat has had an update where it changes the USB port to charging instead of data. When I plug the controller into the tablet it does start charging and the app won't register that the controller is connected.

I had a read around about trying to change the setting and I was only able to find very complicated command line stuff for changing the settings on a phone and I am not familiar with Andoid to that extent. I have spent hours going through all the settings screens with no luck.

Surely other Andoid users have come across this? I am not going to go buy an iPad just because of an Andoid hidden setting. I will sell the Phantom 3 pro if it comes to that. Every time I turn this thing on I end up spending hours trying to get it going in a bit over it at the moment :(

After opening DJI GO, try swiping down from the top of the screen. You should see an option to change the USB setting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31