SOLVED: No wifi signal after binding

Reaction score
Hi guys - first request for help.
Just got a P2V this last week and am not able to get the binding completed. I see the Phantom_xxxxxx network from the wifi extender before binding. After entering the MAC address into the binding page of the Vision app (iPhone6) the extender reboots and then I never see the Phantom network again. My binding page shows no previous bound SSID (I assume because I'm setting it up for the first time on my phone).

All my firmware is on the current version.
I do have the camera turned to wifi on position.

I'm not sure if the issue is on the wifi extender or camera end. What should I be looking for?
Any help in tracking this down would be greatly appreciated. I am able to fly short distances without the range extender but cannot connect through the Vision app to see flight data or camera view.

Thanks guys!

After you got MAC address entered, did you click the BLUE CHECK top right of binding screen? This enters the address to memory!

Here is a video,
Watch it closely:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Reactions: edo
J Dot - Thanks for the suggestion. Yep, I check the blue tick. I've watched several binding videos (including the one you linked). When he goes to 'reconnect' to his network after binding is where mine fails. My network never shows up again in my list of available wifi networks.

With phantom OFF, try unplugging, and plugging back in the white wire on back of camera, make sure it is FULLY inserted, also run switch on camera back and forth, make sure it is connecting to WIFI ON! Make sure SD card is inserted fully!

Also maybe uninstall and reinstall dji vision app? Also is your camera firmware up to date? You have to do it with the memory card, there are videos about this!

Last,
I saw somewhere, where people were RENAMING their repeater, try to search this up!

Next,
Make sure repeater is FULLY CHARGED, as well as a good phantom battery!

Finally,
Are you sure you have correct Mac addy?
Should be on the box the phantom came in! If it is the right box?

If all else fails
Contact DJI they will give you the Mac for your camera, inside camera is a serial number you will need to track your Mac #!

Added: reboot your smart device, then try again! This may help?

Good luck,
Keep us informed!
J Dot

Well Jerry,
Thanks for the list of things to attempt. I did rename my repeater but that didn't seem to help. I have the QR code from the box and am manually typing in the MAC address (it matches the QR sticker on the bottom of the bird). I have tired both my iPhone6 and an android tablet to run Vision App but neither work - also tried the reinstall you suggested. I unplugged and reseated the white cable. I even replaced the white cable from the cable pack (spare parts #22) that I picked up at a local hobby store.

I just can't seem to get into the bird's wifi.

Is there a circuit board inside the bird as well as in the camera? My camera does show a green light on the rear when all is turned on. Wondering if there is a receiver board in the bird since there are antenna coming down the legs. Maybe that isn't relaying a signal?

Hello,
Something is not right!

1) the is no code on bird ( only on box )
2) it is a QR code ( no numbers or letters ) I'm not sure where you are getting address from?
3) here is a picture of the code you need!

9BC395BA-E22D-4F02-9449-89D70C902475_zpsxoxf3bbx.jpg

You'll need to install a QR code reader app to your device! And scan the code I showed you ( but on your box ). That should work!

The camera is also the wifi module all in one, the bird is only radio, no wifi, unless you have a plus, then the wifi module is inside bird!

Please let me know if you are using the right code?

J Dot

Interesting... I have the QR code from the box. It resolves to the same MAC address as on this sticker on the belly of my bird. (Well, before I destroyed it tonight repainting the body white). Under the QR code the MAC address printed was 60:60:1F:00: D0:14. I found another site that talked about this sticker and being able to get the MAC address from it.
That forum thread is found here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-10533-1-1.html
upload_2015-5-31_22-26-42.png

upload_2015-5-31_22-30-43.png

I am using this code from the box. This QR code resolves to the same 60:60:1F:00: D0:14.

So the wifi is one of the 4 circuit boards living in the camera body. I wish I knew someone in Minneapolis who has a working one that I could do a quick swap for the sake of troubleshooting!

Well,
That is a new one on me? My bird's bottom is completely different? Only a QR CODE to scan DJI points!
Here is a picture
6A48E617-7BF4-4DD7-9EEF-C4D771586A43_zpshdake3f0.jpg

I'll look tonight after work, at my MAC address, to see what it looks like compared to yours?

Well this sucks,
We've exhausted all our options? I'll reply after work, to see if we can resolve this issue!

J Dot

Hey bud,
Got to thinking ( I know that is dangerous ) lol
The MAC address is only ( 6 ) digits, you have like 12 printed above.

Retry with ONLY the last 6 digits, looks like ( 00d014 ) try this and let me know?

J Dot

I agree - thinking is killing me right now!

I did use only those last six digits. The Vision App prepopulated the "60601F" of the MAC address which only left space for "00D014".

I've read other places that the camera SSID would be broadcast, but I never see that in my list of wifi networks. Leading me to believe this is a hardware issue with the camera.... Not good. Cause those are cheap. o_O

Try updating the fc200 firmware, save the BIN. to SD CARD, then insert card in camera and turn on!

Only option left, other than a toasted camera?

Man I hope it is not that for you, I was hoping we were just overlooking something? Keep us updated!
Might be extender issue also? I hope you track it down!

Let me know if i can be of further assistance!

Your friend,
J Dot

Im wondering about the extender. Once I go through the binding process it reboots, but it doesn't come back unless I hit the reset.

I did the camera firmware successfully, but not change in my issue.

J Dot, you have been extremely patient and helpful. I appreciate you taking time out to try to help me figure out this issue and teach me a few things.

You think I should try another extender? I don't have access to one without buying one. Hate to spend money on items without knowing they are a problem.

Thanks for the kind words,
Just glad to help! I hear you, if they were $20 then I'd say SPLURGE, but at $80+ that is a good hit, **** extra 20 is a new battery! Lol

No hobby shops around you? Or local pilots?

I'd put a shout out here, possibly another member/pilot near you, that might be willing to bring you an extender to try?

I used to have a 3rd extender around here somewhere? I have 2 I use ( re700 and re500 modded antenna.
But I had another re500 I bought as a spare, before I got the re700! Let me dig, if I find it, I'll lend it to you, I'll have to send it to you! Let me look around!

Take care, Fly Safe!
J Dot

Well Jerry, thanks but it's probably not necessary anymore. I put the bird back together and was going out for a quick flight in the park behind my house. I had normal flashing green lights and all seemed good on startup and takeoff. After seeing things were going well, I took it up maybe 100 feet. It then went terribly bad, took a right front nose dive. It didn't respond to the transmitter and I was left helpless to watch it nose dive into the ground. Body is cracked. I pulled the top off the see if I could get the motors turning to replicate what happened. Took this video. Not happy. :-(

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh Man!
That SUCKS! I feel for you brother!
Did you do the normal post crash stuff?

IMU calibration, ect?
Check your GPS antenna is not cracked, these birds are pretty tough, you'd be surprised, you might be able to get a new she'll, looks like a few led's are out on the arm! Just go over EVERYTHING, with a fine tooth comb! All solder joints, all connections, scrutinize all!

Keep me informed!

Your friend,
J Dot

I just meant,
There are steps you take, after a crash, 1st open check all solder joints, and connections, also look for anything broken, then hook to PC do IMU calibration, things like that, the crash can knock a lot of things out of whack, like gyrometer, accelerometer, ect!
There is a list somewhere around here, normal post crash checklist!
Luckily I've not crashed, had a couple bounces off ground due to crappy props, but nothing major!

J Dot

Gotcha. Thanks, I'll look around. Just ordered a new shell. Hopefully all goes well! Then that will put me back to the point where I have no camera and wifi connection..... :-(

Thanks again for all the help!

Replaying the flight in my mind... Because I know the camera / wifi was not working I didn't put the camera back on before my flight. Any reason to think that missing weight skewed the balance? I guess I was thinking the Phantom 2 non-vision doesn't have a camera so it wouldn't be an issue. Maybe that played into it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.