[SOLVED] Mainboard-to-Gimbal Cable Routing

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post here as I seem to have run into a bit of a problem. I have a Phantom Pro 3 and recently had a bit of an incident involving a tree and a fall from 15m or so... At any rate, the only damage was to one of the propellers and the case which cracked. So I bought a new case and began the process of tearing the whole thing down and reassembling it into the new case. I'm almost finished, however, I'm now at one point that has me stumped: I'm not sure how to route the ribbon cable from the mainboard to the top of the gimbal module.

Based on the orientation of the connectors at either end, there needs to be a 180 degree twist in the cable (whyyyy did they design it that way?) but I'm not sure where to put the twist in the cable. Do I do it inside the case of the phantom, or outside after the cable exits the case and passes through the bracket? Any advice would be great, and if someone could post a couple of detailed photos of the cable between the body and gimbal as it comes from the factory that would be immensely helpful. I've searched almost every photo I can find of the things online and none of them definitively show what I need to see.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445503499.606950.jpg
hi there the cable does not twist outside the body[emoji106]

Great, thank you guys! That is how I ran the cable my second attempt, I figured inside the body where there was the least chance of movement would be the safest place to twist.

Reactions: richmunton

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj