[SOLVED] Gimbal won't tilt down, only up

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased (from a fellow member) and installed a Beholder Lite gimbal on my Phantom 1. It's producing very smoooth video but there's a problem with the manual pitch. I can get the gimbal to face up and face forward, but it will not face down in any way. Has anyone ever had this problem and if so how did you fix it? I tried adjusting settings in the naza software (min, center and max) but to no avail. I have the gains set at 4 and the freq set at 400. I'm currently just twisting the screw in the back to get it to tilt, but I do have the materials to make the knob setup which I will do once I know it's working as it should. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Gimbal won't tilt down, only up

In the NAZA Assistant software, look in the "RC" tab and you'll see a section on the right for "X1 Calibration"...run that real quick, it might help you get back the full range of motion control.

OI Photography said:
In the NAZA Assistant software, look in the "RC" tab and you'll see a section on the right for "X1 Calibration"...run that real quick, it might help you get back the full range of motion control.

Thanks for the reply. I believe I did that already and was able to get the full range of control but whenever I twist the knob it would only get to level and go no lower, and any twist would make it angle up (slowly or quickly depending on the twist speed). I will try it again though when I get home.

If I only want to control tilt and not roll I only need to use F1 (or was it F2) on the NAZA, correct?

Thanks

Figured it out... turns out there were a max and min angle in the gimbal software as well as the NAZA software, I had only seen the settings in the NAZA at first. I set the min angle to zero (for now) and the max angle to -90. My next step will be installing the knob!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik