Solution to phantom not flying straight.

Reaction score
So I've read a few posts about phantoms not tracking straight and veering left heading away and right coming back.
I had a hunch that I could check if I was inadvertently making the left input flying away from me and right input coming back.
So I plugged into the Naza assistant and watched my control stick feed back.
It turns out I do indeed make a slight left input pushing the right stick up and a right input the other way.
Just something to look out for:)
May be a right hander problem and I'd be interested to hear from the lefties out there.

I catch myself doing the same thing on occassion.

Ozzyguy said:
So I've read a few posts about phantoms not tracking straight and veering left heading away and right coming back.
I had a hunch that I could check if I was inadvertently making the left input flying away from me and right input coming back.
So I plugged into the Naza assistant and watched my control stick feed back.
It turns out I do indeed make a slight left input pushing the right stick up and a right input the other way.
Just something to look out for:)
May be a right hander problem and I'd be interested to hear from the lefties out there.

Just curious do you pinch the sticks or all thumbs? I have tried both methods and there is not really a right way, it's what works best for you. There are pros in each camp. The reason I ask is that I had a similar problem when I used only my thumbs on the sticks flying planes. I could never get the rudder down. If I tried to land with rudder in a cross wind I would sometimes almost stall as I would invariably bring the throttle down more that I had intended as I applied rudder or if I was throttling up on takeoff I would start to veer to the right, Mode 1 transmitter. It wasn't until I forced myself to go to the pinch method that I seemed to get better control. There are probably ex pinch guys who feel they have better control with just thumbs. Everyone is different!

This might not have anything to do with it. It just struck me as a possibility based on my own experience and problems like this.

Good flying!

The thought crossed my mind. And for me I use just thumbs. So I tried thumb and pointer finger. I can go dead straight like that but it feels strange for me to do and I won't fly that way.

Ozzyguy said:
The thought crossed my mind. And for me I use just thumbs. So I tried thumb and pointer finger. I can go dead straight like that but it feels strange for me to do and I won't fly that way.

Yes it does! It took me several flights (RC Fixed Wing airplane) and then I noticed one flight that I really didn't notice it, if that makes sense. I now pinch the sticks. For me I just feel that I get a little better feel and control. Again, it is different for everyone. Do what feels right to you!

Good flying!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers