Solid yellow on controller

Reaction score
What is the situation if when I turn the controller on it starts as green then flashed to constant yellow? I have calibrated the sticks, and the compass. Nothing seems to be helping this.

Any help is much appreciated.

Yeah, that's what I thought too but no. I've replaced the batteries but no improvement. The controller does not operate the phantom at all.

Yellow does usually mean that batteries are running low, but if you're absolutely sure thats not the case (youre sure you didnt just replace dead batteries with more dead batteries), then...

When you say you calibrated the sticks... do you mean using the Vision Assistant? Or using the RC Assistant? ie - did you actually hook the controller up to the computer USB? That might work better for you.

Had this previously. Did full recal in RC Assistant, fixed it followed by full recal in the Phantom assistant for good measure.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

I'm not 100% sure what preceded the fault, but it may have been right after a compass calibration.

They are brand new batteries out of the package.

Still stumped.

You haven't really said... have you connected it to the RC Assistant utility? Not just the Vision Assistant, but the RC Assistant?

Also... are we talking about rechargeable batteries? Because, depending on the cell technology, they may not be packed fully charged... and may have lost charge on the shelf. You'll want to make sure they're charged. And even if they're typical non-rechargeable alkalines, you'll still want to test the voltage to make sure they have a charge. Don't just assume that since they're new, they're good.

And if that still doesn't work, check the voltage. If they're 1.2v, you might just try some 1.5's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31