Solid green lights on Phantom

Reaction score
Hello Phantom pilots, I have had my PV2+ now for a little over a week.Before I bought my PV2+ I downloaded the manual to learn more about it before I bought it.Well I never have read where the lights on the PV2+ stay solid green.I calibrated the compass by turning the horizontally 360, and vertically 360 degrees.After doing that the lights stay solid green.I tried to fly this way and almost lost my PV2+ as it went off on it's own.Reading the manual I thought it was suppose to return home when it loses signal from the transmitter, and when the battery is low it is suppose to return home.If anyone could give me some help as to why this is happening I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time and thoughts
T.W.

360 degree is approximate. More like 370 degrees to get the LEDs to switch color indicating each step of calibration. Once you get done with last step it will flash green on and off continuously indicating GPS switch is on and its getting enough satellites.

I recommend turning the quad off after calibration. Set it on ground and start it back up. Let IMU do its initialization, wait for course lock first set of quick green flashes and then home lock second set of fast flashing greens. Wait and make sure your p2 goes back to slower flashing greens.

Then lift off and fly around doing baby steps to learn flight characteristics. Plus fly around getting used to flying in different orientations.

Thank you Damon for the help, if I understand you right I go a quarter more turn past 360 degrees. Sometimes after I do the Phantom cha cha the lights will slow blink yellow, which means "non GPS", Again thank you for your advise.I hope this works.

Just do the turn horizontal past 360 and you should see the LEDs change color (I believe yellow to a green/yellow mix) then tip it nose down and turn again past 360 to which you should see led change color again. (I think solid green) then shortly after it should begin the slow green flashing. Make sure S1 is in the GPS level (top).

Then power off. Set on ground and power back up. IMU will initialize, typically flashing red lights. Then green with a couple red, then fast pulsing green lights(that is course lock) then slow blinking greens possibly with reds depending on how many satellites are currently available. Then the second set of fast greens (home lock) and then hopefully slow blinking greens.

Take P2 up about 20 feet and let hover confirming the quad is operating properly and holding a fairly tight hover.

If you feel it is hovering good then start your practice flights. Go slow keeping back towards your just working on travelling in square then circles and figure eights. Go slow and do this in a very open space, free of distractions.

After numerous flights start doing more compound maneuvers. Ultimately you want to be able to fly 3 dimensionally without actually having to think about stick movement. The quad will be an extension of your mind....Zen ;)

Damon, when you say "shut the power off", are you referring to just the PV 2 +, or PV2 +, wifi, and RC, and then restart? Thank you!
TW

Just the quad

Correct just the quad ( since I own p2 non-vision)

Try just the quad. It should work without having to go back through the entire sequence of turning remote on, Wi-Fi on, etc etc.

Damon"]360 degree is approximate. More like 370 degrees to get the LEDs to switch color indicating each step of calibration. Once you get done with last step it will flash green on and off continuously indicating GPS switch is on and its getting enough satellites.

I recommend turning the quad off after calibration. Set it on ground and start it back up. Let IMU do its initialization,[quote=" wait for course lock first set of quick green flashes and then home lock second set of fast flashing greens. Wait and make sure your p2 goes back to slower flashing greens..[/quote]

Then lift off and fly around doing baby steps to learn flight characteristics. Plus fly around getting used to flying in different orientations

There are 2 kind of green flashing, slow when >/= 6 sat. and a serie of fast blink when HL is set. :!:

BWJ, correct slow flashing greens are indicating 6+ satellites. First set of quick green flashes is C/L being set. The second set of quick green flashes is the H/L being set. At times the sets of quick green flashes are about 10 seconds apart. Sometimes they are almost back to back.

When you CSC command to start the motors the H/L is saved for home point reference. This is seen clearly for those using iosd mini as the "distance" is set at 0. I assume for vision models your phantom should be seen in center of radar and distance should also show 0 at that time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20